Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Framebuilders (http://www.bikeforums.net/framebuilders/)
-   -   Incoming Custom Rex (http://www.bikeforums.net/framebuilders/494221-incoming-custom-rex.html)

tsutaoka 12-13-08 04:18 PM

Incoming Custom Rex
 
2 Attachment(s)
a couple pix :thumb:

tsutaoka 12-13-08 04:54 PM

where it started
 
1 Attachment(s)
cad drawing

Nessism 12-13-08 07:39 PM

Looks ok but I would have gone with 650c wheels on a frame that small.

unterhausen 12-13-08 10:42 PM

wonder how it will handle with that geometry. Seems like a 70 degree head angle is kinda extreme

Nessism 12-13-08 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unterhausen (Post 8017605)
wonder how it will handle with that geometry. Seems like a 70 degree head angle is kinda extreme

At least it has 50mm fork rake to bring the trail back towards conventional. Slack head angle and lots of fork rake are to gain overlap clearance. 650c wheels are a better way in my opinion.

tsutaoka 12-14-08 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nessism (Post 8017910)
At least it has 50mm fork rake to bring the trail back towards conventional. Slack head angle and lots of fork rake are to gain overlap clearance. 650c wheels are a better way in my opinion.

during initial design, steve discussed 700 vs. 650 wheels...but after measurements and initial CAD he recommended 700s.

tsutaoka 12-15-08 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nessism (Post 8016746)
Looks ok but I would have gone with 650c wheels on a frame that small.

very similar to the mango bike here http://www.serotta.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=Rexes

Magmol 12-23-08 04:36 PM

A lugged steel fork and your set.
Your lucky you received your frame before Steve Rex's crash and time away from the torch. My brother sent me the clip out of the Sac Bee. Hopefully he will be back at it in Jan..


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 PM.