My wife and I would like to start biking for entertainment and health reasons. We know NOTHING about biking and were hoping you could help. We have searched around the web some but with little success. We'd like to do bike trails and probably some city street riding. Questions:
- What type of bike would be best for the above mentioned activities
- What brand/model would you recommend we purchase (we are looking for low to mid range, a starter bike that will not break the bank)
- Once we've decided on a model, how do we choose the right size
- We have a small dog that we would like to take with us. My wife envisions some sort of basket to hold the dog, not sure if this is even possible. Can this be done? If so, what equipment do we need and where do we get it?
- Any other recommendations/suggestions to get started?
Thanks for your help