Hi everyone, new to the forum.
My son and I are getting new bikes, upgrading from your typical 200 Schwinn to better hybrids since we do a lot of 25 and 50 mile bike outings with Scouts. I have literally been to every shop in my area, a Specialized dealer, a Cannondale dealer, a Giant dealer and even went to Dicks Sporting goods and saw a awesome looking GT bike of course all the bike shops laughed at that. Here is the issue, we are looking to spend 500-625 for each bike. What I have saw is this.
1. GT Vantura at Dicks which is a hybrid but must only be available there @ 599.99, its very light and looks great but I am not sure since I am a newbie how the components stack up or the company, there is not much around.
GT Vantara Comp Bike | DICK'S Sporting Goods
2. 2015 Cannondale Quick 5 Red $579.99 $521.99
3. 2015 Cannondale Quick CX 4 Black $679.99 $611.99
4. 2016 Giant Seek 3 620.00 Platinum
5. 2015 Giant Roam 2 557.00 Blue
6. 2016 Giant Escape 1 619.00 Matte Black
So, obviously I am not sure if I want more road versus more trail, but these are the ones I am looking at, some are on clearance as they are 2015 models and I get more bang for the buck, can someone please help me understand what's good and what's not and what's the best deal, etc...help!!!! Thank you.