1st I'm a noob to the site and a 10 month rider.
I currently have a 2013 Fuji Altamira 2.3 with Ultergra components.
Thinking about moving up to a 2015 Cannondale Supersix evo with sram red.
Based on my research this is what I've found are positives to new bike:
1. sram red is better that ultegra and lighter
2. the carbon used on the cannondale is better that the c5 carbon on the fuji
3. it appears that the cannondale is lighter
4. better wheels on cannondale
Here is what I don't know:
1. Will the 2 or 3lbs lighter increase my overall speed?
2. I've heard that the cannondale is stiffer, what does that really mean?
3. both bikes are race bikes I'm assuming.
Any help on the difference would be appreciated.