Metra Bikes on train policy!
The new policy:
* Allows bikes on all weekday trains arriving in Chicago after 9:30 a.m. and departing the city before 3 p.m., and after 7 p.m. on both inbound and outbound trains.
* Allows bikes on all weekend trains except for the weekends of the Chicago Blues Festival, Taste of Chicago and July 4th fireworks, Venetian Night, Chicago Air & Water Show and Chicago Jazz Festival, and the Friday before the Labor Day holiday weekend.
* Requires individual bicyclists to be at least 18 years old. An adult must accompany riders 12 through 17. Children under 12 will not be allowed to bring bikes on board.
* Prohibits tricycles and tandem bikes.
* Limits the number of bicycles to two per handicapped-accessible car. If priority seating is needed for passengers with disabilities, cyclists may not be able to board or may be asked to leave a train they are on.