Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    MTWThFMuter Jeprox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SFOBayArea, CA
    My Bikes
    schwinn, raleigh, 'dale, litespeed, bianchi, surly, novara
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I've been scammed by Supergo

    I placed an order yesterday with Supergo on over $100 worth of items. I entered their coupon code 7006622 for the $25 discount (for purchases of $100). The order got processed right away and did not include the $25 discount. I found this out from the email confirmation I got which I just saw this morning. Anyways, I called Supergo and insisted on a refund/credit of $25. They claim that I cannot make a claim after 24 hours. All they could give me was a $25 gift certificate. I don't want that! I want my money back. I'll bet that when I receive it in the mail, it won't be a gift certificate, but a $25 coupon. Well, that's my rant. I will let everyone know whether it's a true gift certificate or just a freakin' coupon. Coupons are not valid with any other coupons or discounts. After this experience and after I use that "gift certificate", Supergo is not going to have any of my business.

  2. #2
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, what exactly was the reason for not giving you the discount? Invalid code? Order processing error?

    If you found out 'right away' that they didn't give you the 25 discount you should've said something immediately.

  3. #3
    MTWThFMuter Jeprox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SFOBayArea, CA
    My Bikes
    schwinn, raleigh, 'dale, litespeed, bianchi, surly, novara
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    But, what exactly was the reason for not giving you the discount? Invalid code? Order processing error?
    The code they had posted didn't work all the time, and the the order was already "processed".

    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    If you found out 'right away' that they didn't give you the 25 discount you should've said something immediately.
    I found out today from the email confirmation and was told it was too late. IMO it's just a ploy to replace my $25 with a sure purchase.

  4. #4
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Supergo doesn't tell you when you place your order whether the discount worked or not?

    << Filed in mental rolodex.

  5. #5
    MTWThFMuter Jeprox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SFOBayArea, CA
    My Bikes
    schwinn, raleigh, 'dale, litespeed, bianchi, surly, novara
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It did not.

  6. #6
    Burnt Orange Blood Longhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dripping Springs, Texas
    My Bikes
    Trek 7200, Lashout Electric Bike, Raleigh Talon
    Posts
    825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try contesting the charge with your credit card company.

  7. #7
    Senior Member rule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    1,922
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When somebody jacks with me like this, I just refuse the shipment when it arrives. That gets noted by UPS on the tracking information, which really helps later if the online retailer decides to try and charge me anyway. If I don't accept the shipment, legally I can't be charged for it. It is a pain sometimes to get the online retailer to recognize the refusal and credit my charges though. In those situations, my credit card company has been really good to help them along.

  8. #8
    Name's Ash ...housewares Doctor Morbius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The adult video section
    My Bikes
    Too many to list
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn
    You could try contesting the charge with your credit card company.
    I've done that for SuperGo when they advertised free shipping. Got the charges reversed.

    I ordered a wheelset and no shipping charges showed up in my cart and no shipping charges were described in any of their emails. However, a mysterious charge showed up on my charge statement. It was a seperate chage too and wasn't even on the same date as the wheelset order. When I called SuperGo they said it was for shipping on the wheelset so I told the charge company I was disputing it and got it reversed.

    Now I'm blacklisted from SuperGo and Performance. Oddly enough I can still order through Nashbar, which I like better anyway. If I want something badly enough from SuperGo or Performance I'll have my brother or sister order it.
    I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind. - Ed Rooney


    It's not that I'm lazy. I'm just highly motivated to RELAX!!

  9. #9
    Name's Ash ...housewares Doctor Morbius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The adult video section
    My Bikes
    Too many to list
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rule
    When somebody jacks with me like this, I just refuse the shipment when it arrives. That gets noted by UPS on the tracking information, which really helps later if the online retailer decides to try and charge me anyway. If I don't accept the shipment, legally I can't be charged for it. It is a pain sometimes to get the online retailer to recognize the refusal and credit my charges though. In those situations, my credit card company has been really good to help them along.
    True, but you have to be there in order to tell UPS or whomever that you are refusing the shipment don't you? Most of the time I'm not home when items get delivered (even bikes through ebay) and I'll come home to find a huge box on my front porch. Anybody could steal these things if they wanted.
    I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind. - Ed Rooney


    It's not that I'm lazy. I'm just highly motivated to RELAX!!

  10. #10
    By-Tor...or the Snow Dog? hi565's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ma
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3
    Posts
    6,483
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
    True, but you have to be there in order to tell UPS or whomever that you are refusing the shipment don't you? Most of the time I'm not home when items get delivered (even bikes through ebay) and I'll come home to find a huge box on my front porch. Anybody could steal these things if they wanted.
    wait what?
    ----------------------------------------------------------

  11. #11
    Campy or bust :p cryogenic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Surly Karate Monkey commuter build
    Posts
    3,139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very seldom does UPS or Fedex REQUIRE a signature. I have yet to have anything not left on my porch if I wasn't there to answer the door.

  12. #12
    Senior Member skiahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    CO Springs, CO
    My Bikes
    08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic
    Posts
    1,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeprox
    Anyways, I called Supergo and insisted on a refund/credit of $25. They claim that I cannot make a claim after 24 hours. All they could give me was a $25 gift certificate.
    At that point, I would have told the phone person that I wanted to cancel my order completely. I would refuse delivery when it came if they already shipped and would be immediately be disputing their charge to my credit card.

    If that didn't get them to rethink their refusal to honor their coupon, then I'd be perfectly content in not doing business with them. Ever.

  13. #13
    Senior Member DieselDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger
    Posts
    8,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    Very seldom does UPS or Fedex REQUIRE a signature. I have yet to have anything not left on my porch if I wasn't there to answer the door.
    UPS, DHL, and USPS always leave packages on the front steps. FedEx always leaves them on the back patio or between the car and the backyard gate, but never in plain sight of the road. UPS is also very impatiant, if you don't answer the door as soon as the driver knocks, they just leave on the steps. USPS doesn't even knock, but leaves a note in the mailbox. The only time DHL made a home delivary to me I was mowing the front lawn and met him at the street.
    Bikes use brakes to stop.

    If your bike has breaks, don't ride it.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    My Bikes
    Trek5000
    Posts
    950
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
    Now I'm blacklisted from SuperGo and Performance. Oddly enough I can still order through Nashbar, which I like better anyway. If I want something badly enough from SuperGo or Performance I'll have my brother or sister order it.
    What kind of customer service is that? They offer free shipping, you make a purchase, they charge for shipping in a sneaky manner, you dispute the charge and they ban you from making further purchases. That's even more of a reason for me to continue deleteing their sales emails!

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the past I have called the delivery service (UPS and FEDEX) given them the tracking number and told them I want to refuse the shipping. That has always worked but before the delivery is made

  16. #16
    * - Cranky - * manmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Houston Texas
    My Bikes
    Cannondale
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheroo
    In the past I have called the delivery service (UPS and FEDEX) given them the tracking number and told them I want to refuse the shipping. That has always worked but before the delivery is made
    i have done that in the past, and if its too late to call them i leave a note on my door stating i want to refuse the item.

  17. #17
    Toyota Racing Dev. PWRDbyTRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knoxville, TN baby!
    My Bikes
    2004 Kona Hoss Dee-Lux
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by manmz
    i have done that in the past, and if its too late to call them i leave a note on my door stating i want to refuse the item.
    what I'd do
    Linkage...My 2004 Kona Hoss Dee-Lux My Mindless Banter
    Disclaimer: I'm 425lb...I put unnormal loads on my bike. This should help you in answering any of my questions.

  18. #18
    Chairman of the Bored catatonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)
    Posts
    5,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDan
    UPS, DHL, and USPS always leave packages on the front steps. FedEx always leaves them on the back patio or between the car and the backyard gate, but never in plain sight of the road. UPS is also very impatiant, if you don't answer the door as soon as the driver knocks, they just leave on the steps. USPS doesn't even knock, but leaves a note in the mailbox. The only time DHL made a home delivary to me I was mowing the front lawn and met him at the street.

    Yes, UPS done this to me with a $300 DVD-A/SACD player....all tehy did was stick in under my doormat.

    Now, this is a large apartment building....who the heck isn't going to notice it anyways? Plus the lazybutts could have dropped it off at the office like they are supposed to anyways. Always go to the office first, since 90% of tenants give the mgmt signature authorization, then the door

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    My Bikes
    Trek5000
    Posts
    950
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic
    Yes, UPS done this to me with a $300 DVD-A/SACD player....all tehy did was stick in under my doormat.
    FedEx did that with my $2200 PowerBook a couple months ago. What makes them think nobody will see a box with a doormat on it. Crazy...

  20. #20
    Name's Ash ...housewares Doctor Morbius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The adult video section
    My Bikes
    Too many to list
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM
    What kind of customer service is that? They offer free shipping, you make a purchase, they charge for shipping in a sneaky manner, you dispute the charge and they ban you from making further purchases.
    What kind? I call it crappy. Performance recently had a free shipping special going on, however, they had a disclaimer on oversized items. That's different. SuperGo had no such disclaimer when they had their supposedly free shipping deal.

    Oh well, as long as companies continue to get larger and larger I expect service to go down the tubes. Behemoth corporations just don't give a damn about the little guy.
    I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind. - Ed Rooney


    It's not that I'm lazy. I'm just highly motivated to RELAX!!

  21. #21
    Senior Member DieselDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger
    Posts
    8,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM
    What kind of customer service is that? They offer free shipping, you make a purchase, they charge for shipping in a sneaky manner, you dispute the charge and they ban you from making further purchases. That's even more of a reason for me to continue deleteing their sales emails!
    I got similar treatment from Wal-Mart after comlaining about a cashier that closed after I unloaded my cart. Just a lesson on how NOT to treat customers.
    Bikes use brakes to stop.

    If your bike has breaks, don't ride it.

  22. #22
    Name's Ash ...housewares Doctor Morbius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The adult video section
    My Bikes
    Too many to list
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDan
    I got similar treatment from Wal-Mart after comlaining about a cashier that closed after I unloaded my cart. Just a lesson on how NOT to treat customers.
    That sounds pretty rude. I think I'd get pretty pissy in that situation.

    Most of the time people get what they pay for. That goes for employees too. If the new standard of customer service in America is Walmart, who pays people less than what they need to survive, then what incentive do they have to give a rats arse? If Walmart pays for minimum wage employees, they get minimum wage employees.

    Unfortunately, the current business model in America is based on cutting costs and chopping heads instead of bringing in the right people and paying them a decent wage. Hopefully something will happen to change all of that.
    I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind. - Ed Rooney


    It's not that I'm lazy. I'm just highly motivated to RELAX!!

  23. #23
    Senior Member DieselDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger
    Posts
    8,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
    That sounds pretty rude. I think I'd get pretty pissy in that situation.
    THe manager threatened to call the police if I didn't leave. He said I was being disruptive and should leave. I was subsiquently banned from that store on my next visit.

    Most of the time people get what they pay for. That goes for employees too. If the new standard of customer service in America is Walmart, who pays people less than what they need to survive, then what incentive do they have to give a rats arse? If Walmart pays for minimum wage employees, they get minimum wage employees.

    Unfortunately, the current business model in America is based on cutting costs and chopping heads instead of bringing in the right people and paying them a decent wage. Hopefully something will happen to change all of that.
    Thank goodness I work for one of the few companies that thinks differently. At least until a certian company president dies.
    Bikes use brakes to stop.

    If your bike has breaks, don't ride it.

  24. #24
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
    That sounds pretty rude. I think I'd get pretty pissy in that situation.

    Most of the time people get what they pay for. That goes for employees too. If the new standard of customer service in America is Walmart, who pays people less than what they need to survive, then what incentive do they have to give a rats arse? If Walmart pays for minimum wage employees, they get minimum wage employees.
    Come now, that's just one incident. I'm always there at closing time and the cashier, always, always tells you that she's closing and the she's not accepting anymore people, mind you these are people who haven't already lined up/unloaded their cart.

  25. #25
    Huachuca Rider webist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Southeastern, AZ
    My Bikes
    Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    4,273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know 4 folks who work at a Wal-MArt. Each of them is paid more than minimum wage.
    Just Peddlin' Around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •