Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (http://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/)
-   -   Bike Log Spreadsheet (http://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/120110-bike-log-spreadsheet.html)

Bigmark 07-08-05 09:45 AM

Bike Log Spreadsheet
 
I had a bunch of people ask me about putting different bikes, and conditions in my spreadsheet, and it sounded like a good idea. What type of information would everyone like to see? I want to make one killer sheet, and now that it does time, the rest is down hill.

chrisvu05 07-08-05 10:53 AM

how about calories burned, also weight of the rider, and finally body mass index. These three could help those who are trying to get into shape.

Pman 07-08-05 08:22 PM

Maximum speed would be nice. Also the temperature.

Peek the Geek 07-10-05 12:12 AM

Heart rate info would be useful to many, I'm sure. Though that might require significant expansion of your sheet if you're adding avg HR, max HR, HR zones, time in zone, time out of zone, etc.

To expand on the temperature suggestion, how about weather (rainy, dry, humid, hail the size of honeydew melons).

Solo or group (to qualify avg speed measurements).

Terrain type, trainer rides, etc etc etc.

Thanks, by the way, for posting your workbook. Some good ideas there.

SSP 07-10-05 01:10 PM

For those who would rather use a dedicated program, as opposed to a spreadsheet, I'd recommend CycliStats. It handles multiple bikes and routes, includes a calendar with riding goals, bike maintenance, personal health stats, and more.

Of course, I'm the author, so I'm 100% biased :D.

If you're interested, you can download a free, fully functional, 30-day trial version from the website.

Bigmark 07-11-05 04:36 AM

I would love to have a dedicated program, and CycliStats looks like the one I would get, but if I spend another fifty bucks on my bike I would be in some serious trouble. I just went with a new seat, and new seat post this weekend, and I cant justify buying software (FOR NOW)

I will check out all the input for our spreadsheet, and get started on something at lunch today.

Paiyili 07-11-05 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmark
I would love to have a dedicated program, and CycliStats looks like the one I would get, but if I spend another fifty bucks on my bike I would be in some serious trouble. I just went with a new seat, and new seat post this weekend, and I cant justify buying software (FOR NOW)

I will check out all the input for our spreadsheet, and get started on something at lunch today.

Hello again,
How about a $10 program? I bought and used this one or a while. Not as extensive as some, but a nice basic logging program. They have a version for Palm/PocketPC, too.

SSP 07-11-05 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmark
I would love to have a dedicated program, and CycliStats looks like the one I would get, but if I spend another fifty bucks on my bike I would be in some serious trouble. I just went with a new seat, and new seat post this weekend, and I cant justify buying software (FOR NOW).

LOL - yeah, the cost of our cycling obsession is sometimes a problem, isn't it? I justify it by comparing it to other obsessions (e.g., bass boats, Harleys, golf, etc.). In that context, it's much cheaper, and it's healthy. Hard for the spouse to argue with that.

FWIW, the maintenance feature in CycliStats allows you to track the costs of your bike-related purchases (just don't show the wife that feature ;)).

kritter 07-11-05 07:59 AM

http://animalhousedesigns.net/temp/bikelog.xls

thats mine.

Paiyili 07-11-05 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSP
LOL - yeah, the cost of our cycling obsession is sometimes a problem, isn't it? I justify it by comparing it to other obsessions (e.g., bass boats, Harleys, golf, etc.). In that context, it's much cheaper, and it's healthy. Hard for the spouse to argue with that.

FWIW, the maintenance feature in CycliStats allows you to track the costs of your bike-related purchases (just don't show the wife that feature ;)).

SSP, Weightware helped me to lose 65 pounds (so far). Excellent work! Thanks so much.

SSP 07-11-05 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paiyili
SSP, Weightware helped me to lose 65 pounds (so far). Excellent work! Thanks so much.

Outstanding! (Now if I could just get Oprah to plug it on her show, I could quit my day job and work on it full time ;) ).

Ric 07-12-05 08:46 PM

Already use Cyclstats, best program going.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 PM.