The Definitive Guide to Leg Shaving (for men).
1. A woman's razor, such as the Venus. No disposable razors. No mens razors.
2. A new, sharp blade.
3. Shaving gel or foam
4. A loofah sponge, or similar exfoliating pad
5. Moisturizing cream
1. Always shave while taking a shower -- but leave it until last. Do everything else first. This will give the hair and skin on your legs time to soften up. To make things even easier, you can put some shampoo, soap, or conditioner on your legs and just let it rinse off by itself while you shower.
2. When you are ready, put a generous amount of shaving foam on your legs -- similar to what you'd put on your face. Make sure the water doesn't rinse it all off.
3. Now, with your sharp / new blade (never, ever use a dull blade) shave opposite the direction of hair growth (if this is your first time ever, you'll need to make a few passes in the direction of hair growth first).
4. Be careful around the knee and ankle areas, thats where you are most likely to cut yourself.
5. Rinse your legs and check for any missed spots.
6. Now comes the most important part...EVERY TIME you shower, whether you shave or not...soap up your loofah sponge and vigorously (and i do mean vigorously) scrub your legs, paying special attention to your quads and knees. This will help to avoid irritation and ingrown hairs. But seriously, you have to do this *every time* you shower, no excuses.
7. When you get out of the shower, do not towel dry your legs. In fact, don't dry them at all...just let them air-dry, but before they are completely dry, apply a generous amount of moisturizer to the shaved area. DO THIS EVERY TIME YOU SHOWER, whether you shave or not!.
8. Now go ride!