Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    18 dog baby
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu
    My Bikes
    2008 crosscheck complete, 1984 Pugeot fixed conversion
    Posts
    400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so is this a piece of crap? i'm not sure.
    but it is really cheap
    mah-ha

  2. #2
    Banned. sngltrackdufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    tartarus
    My Bikes
    MTB's & a Cyclocross
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mtr
    so is this a piece of crap? i'm not sure.
    but it is really cheap
    hmmmm.....$5.99 including cable lock. Now If you could get them to throwing in an extra battery or 2 in the deal ........
    Last edited by sngltrackdufus; 01-19-06 at 09:25 AM.

  3. #3
    Good Afternoon! SamHouston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    cannondale cad5, urbanist fixed
    Posts
    2,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That cable lock is the funny! I've seen those sort pulled apart by fellas with arms only a touch bigger than my own skinny pipes

    It's probably crap, a factory second or surplus buy of what was a knockoff to begin with, likely wouldn't withstand weather worth a damn. There are base feature/price model cycling computers out there to be had. They'll cost more than that one to be sure but you won't need a new one every week. An Avocet 15 has only a few features but they're the ones you get the most use out of and it'll only set you back $20 or so
    Last edited by SamHouston; 01-19-06 at 08:13 AM.

  4. #4
    Banned. sngltrackdufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    tartarus
    My Bikes
    MTB's & a Cyclocross
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHouston
    That cable lock is the funny! I've seen those sort pulled apart by fellas with arms only a touch bigger than my own skinny pipes

    It's probably crap, a factory second or surplus buy of what was a knockoff to begin with, likely wouldn't withstand weather worth a damn. There are base feature/price model cycling computers out there to be had. They'll cost more than that one to be sure but you won't need a new one every week. An Avocet 15 has only a few features but they're the ones you get the most use out of and it'll only set you back $20 or so
    There are quite a few of good computers with 10+ functions that can be had for $20.

  5. #5
    Senior Member GP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,219
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sngltrackdufus
    There are quite a few of good computers with 10+ functions that can be had for $20.
    My wife got me a Cateye for Christmas. $18 at the LBS.

  6. #6
    Tour de World SteveFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hinton, AB, canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Giant Iguana disc
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya nd its pink.....no dice right there...your sure to get mugged if they see a pink bike computer lol

    Steve
    5 Days Till my Bike Trip
    Steve's World Bike Trip

  7. #7
    GO KINGS! kingsfan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    My Bikes
    2006 Specialized Allez Elite, Specialized Stumpjumper
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFox
    ya nd its pink.....no dice right there...your sure to get mugged if they see a pink bike computer lol

    Steve
    it looks like a hunk of crap, but who knows?
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity.
    It comes from an indominable will." -Gandhi

  8. #8
    52-week commuter DCCommuter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    My Bikes
    Redline Conquest, Cannonday, Specialized, RANS
    Posts
    1,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a perfectly serviceable computer for $8 from Nashbar on sale.

  9. #9
    18 dog baby
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu
    My Bikes
    2008 crosscheck complete, 1984 Pugeot fixed conversion
    Posts
    400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nashbar doesn't like people in hawaii. they charge some exorbidant price for shipping. screw them.
    mah-ha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •