How many of you read books on cycling? What subject are the books, non-fiction, fiction, or both?
So far I have read a total of 20 cycling related books. Some are advice wuch as weight training, touring, etc, one is a fictional story one is a book of qoutes but most are true stories of people's touring adventures.
Here are the subjects and titles:
1. The Quotable Cyclist by Bill STrickland
Advice, tips, and training:
2. Bicycling Books Basic Riding Techniques - by the editors of Bicycling Magazine
3. Bicycling Books The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Bicycling - by the editors of Bicycling Magazine
4. The Bicycling Users Manual from the editors of Bicycling Magazine
5. Bicycling Magazine's 900 All-Time Best Tips - by the eidtors of Bicycling Magazine
6. Weight Training For Cyclists - by Eric Schmitz and Ken Doyle
7. The Lance Armstrong Performance Program - by Lance Armstrong and Chris Carmichael
8. The Long Distance Cyclists' Handbook - by Simon Doughty
Non-Fiction Touring stories:
9. Metal Cowboy - by Joe Kurmaskie
10. Spokesongs - by Willie Weir
11. Hey Mom, Can I ride My Across America Five Kids Meet Their Country - by John Seigel Boettner
12. Wide Hips, Narrow Shoulders A Bike Touring Adventure Story - by Monte M. Lowrance
13. Westward Ha! Bicycling Cross Country with My Two Sons - by Calvin H. Allen
14. Just Keep Pedaling A Corner-toCorner Bike Ride aCross America - by T.E. Trimbath
15. Miles From Nowhere A Round The-World Bicycle Adventure - by Barbara Savage
16. A Crossing A Cyclists Journey Home - by Brain Newhouse
17. Roll Around Heaven All Day A Piecemeal Journey across America by Bicycle - by Stan Purdum
Story about bike messangers:
18. The Immortal Class Bike Messanger and the Cult of Human Power - by Travis Hugh Cullet
19. Its Not About The Bike My Journey Back To Life - by Lance Armstrong with Sally Jenkins
20. 16,000 Suspects A RAGBRAI Murder Mystery - by 17 Iowa writers
I am currently reading a non-fiction touring adventure story called:
We Passed This Way A Coast-to-Coast Bicycle Trip with Historical Reflections - by Dick Swinnerton
I also have a non-fiction touring story to read yet called: Changing Gears - by Jane Schnell
If anyone wants to know anything about any of the books I read please ask. I recommend all of the books I have read for anyone here to read.
I'll give a "book report" on the 2 last books I mentioned above when I finish reading them as well as others I read in the future.
Does anyone have any recommendations on books for me to read?
Please share your questions, opinions, suggestions, etc.