Riding and living in Salt Lake City...need advice from locals
I'm planning on moving to the Salt Lake City area next year and was hoping to talk to some folks who live out there. I'm trying to gather information on where to live.
Just some backround on me first. I'm primarily a road rider but enjoy moderate to challenging mountain biking too. I am married without children. Have two dogs and will need a fenced yard. I want to live close to a park to let the dogs run. We want to be as close to BCC/LCC as possible because our first love is sliding down snow covered mountains with sticks on our feet. :D :D :D
But, I want to be in a good area that I can ride my bike to work; ride from the house on training rides and meet up with a good club to ride with on the weekends and summer nights. We are don't practice any formal religion and don't want to. We want to live in a diverse neighborhood. I am looking for work as a systems administrator so commuting will factor into the equation.
I have a few questions to post:
1) Where in the SLC area do you live and why?
2) Could you recommend a good bike club in the area?
3) How is the riding out there? Are there bike paths or mainly road rides?
4) Are the rides either mountain climbs or flat valley riding?
5) Do you have to drive far out of city to ride?
6) Do you like living in the Salt Lake area?
7) Are you a transplant or a native?
Thanks so much in advance for you responces. Please be as frank as possible. We haven't commited 100% to the idea yet and we're looking for as much input from locals as possible before we move.