First let me say, I'm a good customer, really and truly I am. I canot BELEIVE how much patience i have expended on these people. And I am SOOO fed up....I'ld have canceled the order days ago if they didn't have BY FAR the best price on a compact double crankset, wich I badly want.
So. on Friday, 3/17/06 I Gathered all the part numbers for the items I wanted and called them. Gave them all the part numbers and my credit card number, and a coupon code from this forum for 10% off and all that stuff. experation date, back of the card code everything. She gave me a confirmation number and said i'ld receive an e-mail with a tracking number.
By Monday mid-day I had no tracking number. So I called to find out why? The lady (and I'm wishing I'ld written down names of everyone I talked to) said that I wouldn't be getting a tracking number as I'ld not payed for 2nd day shipping, and that further more there was a problem with the transaction and it had been denied. I asked her why and she said "probably because the credit card number or something was entered incorrectly. So...I whip out the credit card, ask her to upgrade to 2nd day (she said this was the ONLY way for me to get a tracking number...and on a $150 order, i want a freakin tracking number...) anyway...she gives me a new total and says they'll put it through right away, she double checked all the numbers i gave her before she sent it through and that was that. I thought. She said I'ld have a tracking number by Tuesday morning.
Tuesday: Check e-mail at 8:30, no tracking number, 9:30, same, call them. "well, i'm showing that the transaction was denied again, you need to call your bank" At this point I should say that this account is a seperate account I use, segrigated from my regular bank accounts to pay for bike parts, and order things off the internet/ebay. I don't want it linked to my main account for the obvoise reason that if hacked they could pull out all my money...
so, I call my bank and ask them what they see on their end and they say "well, it looks like they had something incorrect, possibly the exp date or the code from the back of the card, and when that first transaction went through, it put a hold on your account, and now they keep trying but with the hold there isn't enough funds in here to let it go through (I keep a low balance, just move over what i need to spend) well, funds are low this time of month in general, so transfering over more money is not an option for me. The bank tells me to have nashbar fax them a letter on company letter head that this ammount should be released.
I call nashbar back and explain to the next person I get that i'm a little frustrated, and concerned i won't get this order by the weekend and can they take care of this? i have a fax number etc. "no problem, i'll have the lady that handles that call them" "you don't want the fax number?" "Nope, she'll just call" OK, can you just call me back when it's all taken care of, so I can get a tracking number and be assured all is well, "certinaly sir" takes down my number.
Wednesday morning. I call FIRST FREAKING THING to get the ball rolling AGAIN, the first lady I talk to is sympathetic says she'll take over the paperwork to the lady right away, and have her deal with it and call me when the hold has been cleared. 11:30, nothing, call them back "oh well i'm sorry sir, but that lady is out today, i'm not sure who can take care of that" WHAT THE!!! I want my parts! "I understand sir, i'll find out who needs to do this and i'll give them the information. this time i MAKE the lady take down the fax number, and verbage the bank needs to see. she'll get this taken care of and call me back. assures me that the package can still go out today, 2 day, and i'll have it in time for the weekend (got some big hills to climp and that compact will really help...i hope :-)
3:00, oh hell no they didn't, call them again, "what's up" "excuse me sir?" oh, figured you'ld have me pegged as a problem customer by now and have been warned "oh no sir, but how can I help you?" "Well, i doubt that you can, can I speak to a manager?" "well, i need to look at your order first and try and help you" ok, tell me when your done reading "give her confirmation number" "oh wow, let me see..." yea, they need to send a fax, have they done that? "no...doesn't look like it" can i speak with the person capable of doing that? "let me find out, hold on"..................."sir, our person is on the phone with your bank right now, and they won't release the funds untill we send them a fax" NO WAY!!! I TOLD YOU THAT ON TUESDAY MORNING!!!!! "yes, i'm sure you did sir, but we still need to send them a fax" can I hold while you do that? "sure, please hold a moment..." waiting......."sir, we've sent the fax" "ok, i'm going to call my bank now, will YOU hold?" yes....i get in touch with bank "yes sir, we have the fax, but now we have to send the fax to card services, and it will take 24 hours...you've GOT to be kidding me.... "OK, thank you" switch back to nashbar "are you there?" yes "ok, well, it's going to take 24 hours to release the funds, will you be willing to upgrade to overnight shipping? "yes we can do that sir, but it still needs to clear" yes, i'm aware of that, just want to confirm you'll overnight it so I can have it this weekend still.
yes, we can do that. so...now i wait for the bank (not their fault) and STILL not a "i'm so sorry you've had all this trouble Mr. Inglis or "this never happens Mr. Inglis" or NOTHIN....GAAAAHHHHHHHAAARRRRRRRR i could give a **** when the parts come at this point, though i DO want them for the weekend, it's the fact that these people are incompatent! I really think this may be my last order from them. My first order wasn't shipped out in a timely manner, and wasn't that great a quality anyway...Pricepoint is much faster, has almost as good a prices, and i've ordered from them a half dozen times with no problems.
just had to vent, i know many think highly of nashbar, but at this point...they will be my last resort.