Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76
  1. #1
    45 miles/week Eggplant Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Now, I normally wouldn't agree with the car-free crowd, but...

    I went on a trip this weekend. Took Amtrak from Philly to DC then a commuter train (VRE) from DC to Manassas.

    The Amtrak ride was mostly through inner city / industrial areas and rural areas. Not a lot of suburbs. However the commuter train of course goes out into the suburbs.

    The difference in scenery was AMAZING. In the inner city / industrial areas you saw some cars, parked in front of rowhouses, in the parking lot of warehouses, etc. Once we were out close to Manassas, it was like parking lots, car lots, mechanic shops, cars cars cars cars cars. Really made me notice how MANY of the darn things you see in the suburbs. And what a huge chunk of the economy must be devoted to making them, maintaining them, stocking parts, selling them, loaning money for them, etc.

    I still won't say we should get rid of 'em, but it really surprised me how noticable the increase in cars-relative-to-other-scenery was as we came out into the suburbs.
    Treasurer, HHCMF Club
    Now living in the land of the cheesesteak.
    But working at a job where I can't surf BikeForums all day any more...

  2. #2
    Recumbent Evangelist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario
    My Bikes
    Rebel Cycles Trike, Trek 7500FX
    Posts
    2,991
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cars are a status symbol, plain and simple...
    www.rebel-cycles.com

    The official Canadian dealer of TW-Bents recumbent bicycles!

  3. #3
    That darn Yankee TexasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West West Fort Worth
    My Bikes
    Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi
    Posts
    4,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the sacrifice we make for the luxuries and demands that the world offers and requires
    Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
    "Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
    So many sayings, so little sig space.

  4. #4
    That darn Yankee TexasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West West Fort Worth
    My Bikes
    Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi
    Posts
    4,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-o
    Cars are a status symbol, plain and simple...
    Rich cars over 40k are.
    My car is not a status symbol though i could own a status symbol car if i chose to.
    Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
    "Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
    So many sayings, so little sig space.

  5. #5
    45 miles/week Eggplant Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy
    Rich cars over 40k are.
    My car is not a status symbol though i could own a status symbol car if i chose to.
    Heh, the very idea of someone thinking of my 35-year-old rusted-out pickup as a status symbol...

    But the gist is quite correct. People in general tend to buy the best/most car(s) they can afford.
    Treasurer, HHCMF Club
    Now living in the land of the cheesesteak.
    But working at a job where I can't surf BikeForums all day any more...

  6. #6
    Mad bike riding scientist cyccommute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO
    My Bikes
    Some silver ones, a black one, a red one, an orange one and a couple of titanium ones
    Posts
    15,024
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-o
    Cars are a status symbol, plain and simple...
    Depends on where you live, what you do and what kind of life you want to lead. For example, I live in Denver. my daughter goes to school in Durango, CO. If we want to visit her or if she wants to visit us, it's a 7 to 8 hour, 400 mile trip. Buses don't go from Denver to Durango and there hasn't been train service to Durango since the Denver and Rio Grande Southern pulled up tracks in the '50s. There is no way to get there in a reasonable amount of time and at a reasonable cost, except by car. I suppose I could ride my bike down there but that is a 2 week trip, minimum, through the most rugged of Colorado's mountains...and it would only be possible from June to August, possibly September.

    Then there are the quality of life issues. I don't want to lead a life where I can only go, comfortably, 50 miles from home, if I go out on the plains. If I go into the mountains, cut that in about half (25 miles out and 25 miles back would be a hard day, especially around Denver). I like to range further afield than that. I also like to do other things than ride a bike all the time. I like to fish and hike and camp. Taking 2 weeks to accomplish that every few weeks would be difficult considering that I do have a job and a family. So a car is a necessary evil.

    Don't get me wrong, I admire people who are willing to give up their cars. I just can't give up mine totally, so I do the next best thing...I use it as little as possible. Since 1988, I have ridden my bike to work and average of 110 workdays per year (that's the years I have records for). Considering that there are 260 workdays per year, that's an average of around 43% of the time riding to work. I don't know many people who have cyclocommuted to work that much for so long.
    Stuart Black
    Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
    Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!
    Days of Wineless Roads. Bed and Breakfasting along the KATY
    Twisting Down the Alley. Misadventures in tornado alley.
    An Good Ol' Fashion Appalachian Butt Whoopin'.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who in God's name would think a 2003 Camry is a status symbol?

  8. #8
    later free_pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-o
    Cars are a status symbol, plain and simple...
    and a $7000 litespeed/colnago/bmc isnt?

  9. #9
    genec genec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    san diego
    My Bikes
    custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2
    Posts
    22,378
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyccommute
    Depends on where you live, what you do and what kind of life you want to lead. For example, I live in Denver. my daughter goes to school in Durango, CO. If we want to visit her or if she wants to visit us, it's a 7 to 8 hour, 400 mile trip. Buses don't go from Denver to Durango and there hasn't been train service to Durango since the Denver and Rio Grande Southern pulled up tracks in the '50s. There is no way to get there in a reasonable amount of time and at a reasonable cost, except by car. I suppose I could ride my bike down there but that is a 2 week trip, minimum, through the most rugged of Colorado's mountains...and it would only be possible from June to August, possibly September.

    Then there are the quality of life issues. I don't want to lead a life where I can only go, comfortably, 50 miles from home, if I go out on the plains. If I go into the mountains, cut that in about half (25 miles out and 25 miles back would be a hard day, especially around Denver). I like to range further afield than that. I also like to do other things than ride a bike all the time. I like to fish and hike and camp. Taking 2 weeks to accomplish that every few weeks would be difficult considering that I do have a job and a family. So a car is a necessary evil.

    Don't get me wrong, I admire people who are willing to give up their cars. I just can't give up mine totally, so I do the next best thing...I use it as little as possible. Since 1988, I have ridden my bike to work and average of 110 workdays per year (that's the years I have records for). Considering that there are 260 workdays per year, that's an average of around 43% of the time riding to work. I don't know many people who have cyclocommuted to work that much for so long.
    OK so in all of what you said... did you buy your particular vehicle because it was most efficient vehicle available, or because it looked cool?

    If we were to stick to the issue of the need of some motor vehicles due to the immediacy of some transportation needs only... Then there would never need to be the umpteen styles of vehicles, and the annual "fashion show" of new cars... vehicles would only be presented new as they were actually improved not simply changed. And vehicles such as the Hummer (with poor milage, poor capacity and suitable for only off road) would never see the paved public streets.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cherry Hill,NJ
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy
    Rich cars over 40k are.
    My car is not a status symbol though i could own a status symbol car if i chose to.
    In Thomas Stanley's "The Millionaire Next Door" Stanley did a study of the car buying habits of the very rich vs the not so rich. In one study Stanley focused on people selling their luxury cars and on who bought them. In one case, a 20 something box salesman sold his 3 year old BMW 5 series to a 50 something doctor. Stanley questioned both buyer and seller about why they bought new vs used and what they each thought the others motivation was for their choice. The doctor said he enjoyed driving BMWs but couldn't justify the cost of a new car when so many lightly used cars were available at a substancial discount to new. He saw nothing wrong with buying a three year old well maintained BMW. He believed the young salesman wasn't being smart with his money, but was thankful to him and the thousands like him for taking the beating on the car's massive depreciation. For his part, the box salesman said he wouldn't consider buying a used BMW, as he makes more than enough to buy new. He also said when asked why he thought the doctor was buying his used car, that he believed the doctor couldn't afford a new BMW. The fact was that the box salesman had practically no net worth where as the doctor was worth millions and could easily afford a new BMW. Of course the box salesman is very young and will eventually learn how money works.

    People do look at cars as status symbols. As this example shows, it's a mistake to judge a person's financial status from the car they drive. The guy with the new BMW wasn't even worth a fraction of what the used BMW buyer was.

    According to Stanley the car most owned by millionaires in this country is the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The jeep is a great vehicle, and in it's full up trim tips the scales at about $40,000. That won't turn any heads at the country club, but being easy on the wallet sure makes looking at the brokerage statement a lot more fun.
    I'm just trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  11. #11
    45 miles/week Eggplant Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I totally didn't mean to start a car-vs-no-car debate. I was just rambling about the way things changed as I was riding along in the train.
    Treasurer, HHCMF Club
    Now living in the land of the cheesesteak.
    But working at a job where I can't surf BikeForums all day any more...

  12. #12
    Chairman of the Bored catatonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)
    Posts
    5,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly my view on it.

    Thing is there are some really huge reasons why so many use cars:

    *Roadway infrastructure is designed so only cars can traverse them easily.
    *The increasing popularity of shopping malls and the decline of the community shops
    *people have grown soft, and think a mile is a huge distance, when in fact they walk at least 5mi a day in a bad day.
    *peer pressure (what, you don't have a car...you must be a LOSER!)

    Myself, I don't need a car...I can finally say I am fully capable of living without a car. However, I do want to be able to up and go to Georgia to see my friend's band play, go visit my dad in Ohio, and so on...so I will be getting either a car or a motorcycle soon enough....something good on gas, and cheap on insurance. After all, I will probably only use it about 10-12 days out of a year.

    People at work have finally recognized I'm not some "DUI", and do this because I find it personally rewarding, mentally and physically. Actually...it benefits me as a geek too...I just got done doing some surgery on my frame with a dremel, to get a 700x25c to clear the welds around the brake bridge on the rear triangle
    -------- __@
    ----- _`\<,_
    ---- (*)/ (*)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ring Ring, Ring Ring, the bell went Ring Ring Ring.

  13. #13
    genec genec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    san diego
    My Bikes
    custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2
    Posts
    22,378
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by free_pizza
    and a $7000 litespeed/colnago/bmc isnt?
    Of course not... that is a necessity.

    Actually a $6000 Merlin would do just fine... thanks.

  14. #14
    genec genec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    san diego
    My Bikes
    custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2
    Posts
    22,378
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic
    *peer pressure (what, you don't have a car...you must be a LOSER!)
    Of course the best response to that is to point to their beer gut and say, speaking of "losing".

  15. #15
    Chairman of the Bored catatonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)
    Posts
    5,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That only works if they have a beer gut though.

    There are some pretty skinny folks that drive as well....most of them are not fit though...just bony.
    -------- __@
    ----- _`\<,_
    ---- (*)/ (*)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ring Ring, Ring Ring, the bell went Ring Ring Ring.

  16. #16
    Senior Member cyclezealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
    My Bikes
    Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
    Posts
    13,144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I take a slightly different track on my anti car sentiments. You remark about the looks of Inner Philly.
    Yes, I think commuting is a miserable experience and buy into the argument that the geopolitical aspects of gas gluttony is ruining our planets' peacefulness and all that stuff.
    But, first I had a urban planner course way back in school. Then I read "Asphalt Nation." My bigger belief is the car is pretty instrumental in making inner PHilly look like the way it presently does. Not only ruins our country-side by facilitating suburban sprawl, but has destroyed once proud cities.
    that does not mean , I favor banning the car or expect to be totally car free.

  17. #17
    more ape than man timmhaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    8,093
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    every single block on all streets for hundreds of square miles in the NYC greater area has cars on them. when they are parked it's bumper to bumper as far as you can see. every day for several hours in the morning, afternoon, and night many major roads become gridlocked. it's absolutely out of control imo.

  18. #18
    Mad bike riding scientist cyccommute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO
    My Bikes
    Some silver ones, a black one, a red one, an orange one and a couple of titanium ones
    Posts
    15,024
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genec
    OK so in all of what you said... did you buy your particular vehicle because it was most efficient vehicle available, or because it looked cool?

    If we were to stick to the issue of the need of some motor vehicles due to the immediacy of some transportation needs only... Then there would never need to be the umpteen styles of vehicles, and the annual "fashion show" of new cars... vehicles would only be presented new as they were actually improved not simply changed. And vehicles such as the Hummer (with poor milage, poor capacity and suitable for only off road) would never see the paved public streets.
    I bought a vehicle that fits my present needs. My wife has a Subaru which we use for almost all of our trips in town and most of our trips of any distance. We bought my daughter a Ford Ranger 4x4 because of the type of driving that she was going to have to do: winter mountainous travel and for use around Durango if she wanted to get out of town plus it allows her to carry her household goods back of forth when she ends school for the year. And I have a 1999 Tahoe specifically purchased because we needed something for 4 people and camping gear or bicycle gear and because the '99 Tahoe was the last Tahoe model that is worthy for mild off-roading. The 2000 Tahoes have soft suspensions and are glorified station wagons.

    In my defense, however, I bought the Tahoe in 2001 with 43,000 miles on it. It currently has 73,000 miles on it. Last summer, I put less than 48 gallons of gas in it from May to September. Not bad for a truck that get horrible gas mileage. Also to show how little I use it, I changed the oil back in May 2005. If I followed the 3 month plan for oil change, it should have been changed in July. I put 5000 miles on it since May of 2005 and had the oil changed last week.

    The vehicle that I really use is highly efficient- my bicycle. So I suppose I could answer, yes, I did buy my vehicle because of its efficiency. The fact that I like the looks of all of them (my bikes, I can care less about the automobiles ) is just gravy.
    Stuart Black
    Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
    Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!
    Days of Wineless Roads. Bed and Breakfasting along the KATY
    Twisting Down the Alley. Misadventures in tornado alley.
    An Good Ol' Fashion Appalachian Butt Whoopin'.

  19. #19
    Rides again HiYoSilver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    W. Sacramento Region, aka, Nut Tree
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR T, Trek SC
    Posts
    3,259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyccommute
    Since 1988, I have ridden my bike to work and average of 110 workdays per year (that's the years I have records for). Considering that there are 260 workdays per year, that's an average of around 43% of the time riding to work. I don't know many people who have cyclocommuted to work that much for so long.
    For some reason, I thought you were cyclcommuting more. That makes me feel better about only getting in 108 my first year. I've got in 46 for year 2 so far [Nov-Oct yr], and if just match last year, will have 130 by end of year. But I can understand the lower numbers. This has been a drier season, and it's amazing how life pressures and illness can cut this down.

    Actual I think there are less than 240 workdays a year. 52 weeks x 5 days == 260, But subtract 10 days for holidays, that's 240. Subtract another 10 for vacation and it's only 230 days. You'll have to adjust those numbers for your company but you'll have higher than a 43% riding experience vs number of ride days available.
    Hi 'o Silver away

  20. #20
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,980
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere that in cities, the amount of real estate devoted to The Car is some huge percentage, like bigger than 50%. Roads, parking lots, garages, fuel stations etc.

    Boy we are idiots.

  21. #21
    Prefers Cicero cooker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1984 Trek 520: "the Bronze"; '80s Panasonic road bike (innominate); '97 Raleigh Century: "Rubeus" because it's red, and twice as heavy as a normal bike; blue 90's Peugeot Mackenzie :"Bix" (beaterbike), 2007 green Bike Friday New World Tourist.
    Posts
    8,067
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suburbs aren't full of cars because cars are a status symbol. Suburbs are full of cars because suburbs are designed for cars and you can't easily live there without one or more cars.

    So the obvious question becomes....why do people live in suburbs?

    The most important answer is because houses are cheaper there than downtown. But they're only cheaper because of hidden subsidies...underpriced property taxes, "free"ways, subsidized infrastructure like mail delivery, and off-loading of other societal costs like the burden on the economy at large from air pollution and environmental degradation.

    If suburbanites were charged the full cost of the services they receive and damage they do, many would prefer or be forced to accept modest urban accomodation.

  22. #22
    45 miles/week Eggplant Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclezealot
    I take a slightly different track on my anti car sentiments. You remark about the looks of Inner Philly.
    Yes, I think commuting is a miserable experience and buy into the argument that the geopolitical aspects of gas gluttony is ruining our planets' peacefulness and all that stuff.
    But, first I had a urban planner course way back in school. Then I read "Asphalt Nation." My bigger belief is the car is pretty instrumental in making inner PHilly look like the way it presently does. Not only ruins our country-side by facilitating suburban sprawl, but has destroyed once proud cities.
    that does not mean , I favor banning the car or expect to be totally car free.
    I wasn't speaking about Philly in particular. DC, Baltimore, Wilmington, and Philly were all more-or-less similar.
    Treasurer, HHCMF Club
    Now living in the land of the cheesesteak.
    But working at a job where I can't surf BikeForums all day any more...

  23. #23
    45 miles/week Eggplant Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    2,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jur
    I read somewhere that in cities, the amount of real estate devoted to The Car is some huge percentage, like bigger than 50%. Roads, parking lots, garages, fuel stations etc.

    Boy we are idiots.
    I'm not surprised, especially if that's an average (large and small cities). Look at any shopping center, the parking lot is more square feet than the building. It's only in very dense areas that you actually get parking garages.
    Treasurer, HHCMF Club
    Now living in the land of the cheesesteak.
    But working at a job where I can't surf BikeForums all day any more...

  24. #24
    Prefers Cicero cooker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1984 Trek 520: "the Bronze"; '80s Panasonic road bike (innominate); '97 Raleigh Century: "Rubeus" because it's red, and twice as heavy as a normal bike; blue 90's Peugeot Mackenzie :"Bix" (beaterbike), 2007 green Bike Friday New World Tourist.
    Posts
    8,067
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, this may be off topic, but I love travelling by train. For Toronto-Montreal, the plane ride may be under an hour, while the train is 4-5 hours, but it is so much better.

    Compare: The air travel is stressful, and broken up (20 min on the highway in the cab, 10 min in security, 50 minutes fidgeting on unwelcoming seats to board, 45 min crammed in the plane, 10 min getting out of the airport, 20 minutes in the cab). So almost 3 hours of alternating boredom and tension, much of it on bad seats.

    Compare that to the train: 20 minutes on the subway, 30 minutes waiting in the first class lounge to board, 4 hours of luxury seating with wireless internet and gourmet food, and 10 minutes walking from the station to the hotel. So five hours of mostly comfort and relaxation. And cheaper, too.

    Which would you choose?

  25. #25
    Mad bike riding scientist cyccommute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO
    My Bikes
    Some silver ones, a black one, a red one, an orange one and a couple of titanium ones
    Posts
    15,024
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HiYoSilver
    For some reason, I thought you were cyclcommuting more. That makes me feel better about only getting in 108 my first year. I've got in 46 for year 2 so far [Nov-Oct yr], and if just match last year, will have 130 by end of year. But I can understand the lower numbers. This has been a drier season, and it's amazing how life pressures and illness can cut this down.

    Actual I think there are less than 240 workdays a year. 52 weeks x 5 days == 260, But subtract 10 days for holidays, that's 240. Subtract another 10 for vacation and it's only 230 days. You'll have to adjust those numbers for your company but you'll have higher than a 43% riding experience vs number of ride days available.

    That's average for the last, nearly, 20 years. Some years I've done as little as 71 days, some years I've done as many as 156 but the average is - oops - 113. I don't discount for holidays (too many years to keep track of) or for vacation (ditto). A lot of my vacations have been riding vacations anyway so I just count the number of weekday rides. It's not as accurate but if I wanted accuracy I'd be a chemist! Oh! Wait...
    Stuart Black
    Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
    Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!
    Days of Wineless Roads. Bed and Breakfasting along the KATY
    Twisting Down the Alley. Misadventures in tornado alley.
    An Good Ol' Fashion Appalachian Butt Whoopin'.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •