Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (http://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/)
-   -   One Metre Wide Car (http://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/190545-one-metre-wide-car.html)

ignominious 04-24-06 11:59 AM

One Metre Wide Car
 
How do you feel about sharing the road with a vehicle like this?.

2manybikes 04-24-06 02:03 PM

Then you need a pickup truck or big car to carry stuff in addition to that car. Big investment for the consumer.

jeff-o 04-24-06 02:35 PM

I Want One.

chicbicyclist 04-24-06 02:35 PM

Help city congestion? It's called a bike/electric scooter/ electric bike.

half_bent 04-24-06 02:37 PM

What about these: http://www.myersmotors.com/

They are made about 5 miles from my house. They start at about $15,000.

jeff-o 04-24-06 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by half_bent
What about these: http://www.myersmotors.com/

They are made about 5 miles from my house. They start at about $15,000.

Too cute. I like the other one better...

huhenio 04-24-06 03:08 PM

Give me a motorcycle any day over that ... but is a good idea

colinm 04-24-06 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2manybikes
Then you need a pickup truck or big car to carry stuff in addition to that car. Big investment for the consumer.

Trailer? Courier?

Nermal 04-24-06 03:17 PM

Yer also going to need something to lock it to the lamp post, too.

catatonic 04-24-06 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by half_bent
What about these: http://www.myersmotors.com/

They are made about 5 miles from my house. They start at about $15,000.


OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! THEY ARE BACK!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

I remember when those were made by Corbin Motors....called the Sparrow. they also had a performance model called the Merlin.

I love those things!

iamlucky13 04-25-06 07:53 PM

Well yeah, I'd share the road, but I wouldn't buy one. If I wanted a single passenger motor vehicle that didn't take up much space on the road or in the parking lot, I'd get a motorcycle. Heck, then I could even carry a passenger (subject to gender discretion), and it would go about twice as fast. Alternately, a scooter would work too if I was more concerned about fuel economy than performance.

zowie 04-25-06 07:57 PM

Motorized tricycles aren't street legal in new jersey.

Siu Blue Wind 04-25-06 08:27 PM

Where to put the bike rack.....hmmmm...........................

ignominious 04-26-06 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlucky13
Well yeah, I'd share the road, but I wouldn't buy one. If I wanted a single passenger motor vehicle that didn't take up much space on the road or in the parking lot, I'd get a motorcycle. Heck, then I could even carry a passenger (subject to gender discretion), and it would go about twice as fast. Alternately, a scooter would work too if I was more concerned about fuel economy than performance.

This vehicle has the potential to carry a passenger and a limited amount of luggage.

WhiteRabbit 04-26-06 08:54 AM

So it's a motorcycle trike with a cage and body panels? Sounds fun, I can think of some people who would really like one, but I prefer my actual motorcycle.

1ply 04-26-06 09:09 AM

Why have an engine that runs on natural gas when it can run on compressed air? Electricity can be generated using windpower, whereas natural gas production is tied to the oil production (pumping really not production) and is a non renewable resource.

http://www.theaircar.com/thecar.html

http://www.motordeaire.com/Img/MiniCats.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:32 AM.