I just searched the forums for "Hettlage" and came up with nothing, so I guess this hasn't been discussed on here. Has anyone else seen the Hettlage belt drive? It's certainly an interesting concept.
- High efficiency, especially under high strain.
- Comparative tests prove 20% less friction than a chain drive under load.
- Allows gear-shifting under full strain.
- The tooth belt does not need to be lubricated. It is always clean and dry.
- The belt cannot fall off the gear.
- A tooth belt drive does not wear out. The belt can be used at least five times longer than a chain.