I have a Trek 4300 mtb and have been doing a lot of road work as well as bike paths. I looked at some of the threads here, and read a few reviews and am looking at the slickasaurus. I dont want to go below a 1.5 tire right now and figure that would make a big difference over my current knobbies.
I do ride on some dirt, crushed stone and gravel paths, and assume I would have to swap out the tires. I dont want semi slicks after reading the sheldon brown info on them. Planning on getting a pair of tires this weekend so I can have some time to get used to them before the bucks county covered bridges ride.
1. Anyone know about those tires and how much of an improvement will I get over my knobbies?
2. How are they at resisting flats?
3. How hard are they at changing? I only have one set of wheels and dont really have the extra cash to spend on a second set.
4. I have some extra tubes that are 1.5-2.0 will these work on the slickasaurs?
5. anyone like to say anything else?