Touring training not going as planned.
Some may remember that i intended on doing some touring training for when I did self contained tours this year.
The training I was intending on doing was to load my B.O.B. trailer up and do my normal after work and weekend rides.
I have not done any yet because I got such a late start in the season due to weather and do not know when and if I'll be able to.
So this leaves me to wonder should I just take off and do a self contained tour on a weekend with out worrying about trainng for it?
I am doing fine at riding with out the trailer albeit I had a accident today.
My self contained tour would go as follows:
1. Leave on a Saturday morning, ride to a state park with campground in either Nebraska, Iowa or South Dakota.
2. Set up camp, shower, ride into nearest town & eat @ a local resteraunt (sp).
3. If possible so a little sight seeing.
4. Return to camp and sleep.
5. Wake up on Sunday morning, break camp.
6. Ride into nearest town for breakfest.
7. Then head home returning sometime Sunday afternoon/ early evening.
The most weight I'll be carrying is about 35 to 40 pounds & 10 to 15 pounds of that is the B.O.B. trailer and bag & another 10 to 15 pounds is my tent.
Sounds fun right? I hope it is when I accomplish this.
But should I just do it or train for it first?