Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    sdime
    Guest

    Sunglasses won't stay

    My sunglasses doesn't seem to want to stay put. I mean, when my head starts to get sweaty, the glasses begins to slide down a little. This is very, very annoying since I have to take my hands off of the handlebar very 30 seconds to push my glasses back up. Also, the top frame of the sunglasses blocks my view when this happens--very dangerous. Anyone else have this problem and has come up with a solution?

  2. #2
    Tie me up, Tie me down
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    The Brown Beast
    Posts
    843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Higher quality sunglasses I suggest Maui Jims

  3. #3
    Walks with a limp dijos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St Pete
    Posts
    1,341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get ones that fit. they shouldn't be moving around. or squint.
    I am looking for a 52cm-ish lugged mixte or ladies frame. Pm if you got one.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebristolkid
    Last I checked, most college campuses were firmly attached to solid earth, which, in my experience, is typically adequate for riding a bicycle upon.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Danhalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Urbanite Road Bike, Mielle Fixed Gear Conversion, Vintage Lejeune Track Bike
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here ya go:


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    IL-USA
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdime
    My sunglasses doesn't seem to want to stay put. .... Anyone else have this problem and has come up with a solution?
    Have you ever heard of Croakies?
    ~

  6. #6
    Triathlon = Eat/Bike/Nap veggiemafia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pixxxburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiznaz
    the bagina is the frame and the fork is the wangola. The wheels are the ass nipples.

  7. #7
    Pinstriper SemperFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    05' Specialized Sequoia Elite, Raleigh M40 Mountain Bike
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Oakley Half Jacket XLJ's. They fit close to your face, offer great protection, and won't slip no matter how sweaty you get.
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Ride On!

  8. #8
    Banned.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdime
    My sunglasses doesn't seem to want to stay put. I mean, when my head starts to get sweaty, the glasses begins to slide down a little. This is very, very annoying since I have to take my hands off of the handlebar very 30 seconds to push my glasses back up. Also, the top frame of the sunglasses blocks my view when this happens--very dangerous. Anyone else have this problem and has come up with a solution?
    What i started doing is, before i put the shades on i put a drop of super glue on the inside of each ear hook about midway , Problem solved

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Bikes
    2005 Scattante R660 Triple, 2006 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc
    Posts
    643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, get sunglasses that are full wraparounds and that fit tight enough such that they stay put but not so much that they cause pain or discomfort after a long period of time.

    Second, get sunglasses that have hydrophilic rubber nosepieces, temples, and ear hooks. Personally, I prefer glasses that actually have adjustable nosepieces that stick out, vs those that only have a rubber strip that goes over the nose.

  10. #10
    Gorntastic! v1k1ng1001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States of Mexico
    Posts
    3,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I have an old pair of Brikos outfitted with hydrophilic rubber. They work great.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Jed19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach42
    Personally, I prefer glasses that actually have adjustable nosepieces that stick out, vs those that only have a rubber strip that goes over the nose.
    Bingo!!! Tifosi Pave solved this problem for me.

    Regards,
    Regards,

    Jed

  12. #12
    sdime
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach42
    First, get sunglasses that are full wraparounds and that fit tight enough such that they stay put but not so much that they cause pain or discomfort after a long period of time.

    Second, get sunglasses that have hydrophilic rubber nosepieces, temples, and ear hooks. Personally, I prefer glasses that actually have adjustable nosepieces that stick out, vs those that only have a rubber strip that goes over the nose.
    I couldn't find any with hydrophilic rubber in my local sporting goods store. Actually, I only looked at the discount rack ($20 and below). They might have the good stuff inside the display cabinet, but I didn't bother with those because they are in the $100 plus range.

  13. #13
    Senior Member mlh122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NW
    My Bikes
    Trek 4500
    Posts
    882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've used cheap sunglasses that fit a little small for me (not uncomfortably small, just really snug) and they stay on ok, or you could get some of those rubberized foam hoseing with the adjuster doodad to hold them on, they usually sell them along with the sunglasses in surf shops. I would bet surfers have an even harder time keeping sunglasses on.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this problem until I started using a Halo sweatband. Now the part of my face below the sweatband (including the parts of my face that hold up my glasses) doesn't get nearly as sweaty, and my sunglasses stay put. I like the Halo for the sweat-stopping strip that ensures that no sweat gets in my eyes, but I'm sure any other sweatband or sweat-absorbing wrap would be just as helpful.

  15. #15
    Faster but still slow slowandsteady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    My Bikes
    Trek 830 circa 1993 and a Fuji WSD Finest 1.0 2006
    Posts
    5,979
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ride with Mini Magnums from Smith and Wesson. They are shooting glasses(safety glasses). They only cost about $5 and don't move a millimeter. They are so comfortable I forget I am wearing them. They also have the regular Magnums for larger heads.

    "Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •