I don't know what it is with some pedestrians, motorists, and other cyclists:
1. Riding along a paved levee in a nearby park, I end up having to stop completely because two women decide they want to use the WHOLE path to chit-chat while cycling and I can't get safely past them. Then they give me an attitude when I won't get out of their way. Uh, hey ladies... see that broken yellow painted line on the ground?
2. I have to practically stop for a very young child on rollerblades who is stopping all traffic coming up behind him. He's clearly too, too young to be on them on a public pathway.... and he's right in the middle of the path. His dad is completely clueless.
3. The usual assortment of pedestrians who decide to walk right down the middle of the path... with headphones on.
4. A mountain biker and his SO, both in combat cycling outfits, who give a sarcastic, 'Excuse f______ us', when I say, 'Coming around!' and then pass by them at a T intersection on the path, where they are parked right in the middle of the intersection, having a sip. Hey, lunch box, it wouldn't hurt if you learned to just be considerate of other people now, would it? Of course he and his SO wouldn't have noticed that they had held me up the last 1/2 mile or so because they were riding across the whole path themselves.
5. And finally the moron who double-parked his car along the street in front of a sandwhich stand, pushing all cyclists out into traffic.... while the parking lot for the place is practically empty.
I love to ride. But some days, I just want to scream when I get home. Everyone's ride or walk or just day out and about tooling around would be so, so much more enjoyable if people would just be aware of what's going on around them and show some minimal consideration for others, the same consideration people expect of others.
Sorry, sometimes I just need to vent. End rant.