Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: WhattaDick

  1. #26
    Feral Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Roma, Italia
    My Bikes
    yes, I have one.
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcowan
    You sound like the bad sensai from the karate kid. Sweep the leg!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
    Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.

  2. #27
    Code Warrior mwrobe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
    My Bikes
    Schwinn MTB/Raleigh Marathon
    Posts
    620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus H Christ...

    OK...I'll try...

    And one time...at badass camp...

    Seriously though...people please! Lay off the roids!

    To the OP...well done!
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

    Jake: Hit it.



  3. #28
    Prefers Aluminum Sprocket Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Honolulu
    My Bikes
    Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcowan
    You sound like the bad sensai from the karate kid. Sweep the leg!
    That is hilarious! One of the funniest things I've read on here!

  4. #29
    Senior Member avmanansala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Road Warrior
    Posts
    401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a jerk try to apologize for continuously using foul language around my son. We were in the lockerroom changing, he and his buddy were showering ... yes in different showers... and continued even after I asked them to stop. They finally stepped out to towel off and another member says "Hey, there are kids in here!" and then they apologize and say they didn't know...blah...blah...blah.

    "Hey, don't aplogize to me for being what you are. You are what you are. I can't change that your a jerk and you shouldn't apologize for it."

    They didn't like my reply, but the other member did. So what. I did have to count to 10 to calm down, but then again, they were jerks and weren't worth the effort.

  5. #30
    Conservative Hippie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wakulla Co. FL
    Posts
    4,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djSlvt
    People take advantage of submissive.
    They can't if you don't let them.

    Don't sweat it, David, you did the right thing. If the punk keeps it up, one of these days he'll run into the wrooong dude.

  6. #31
    Feral Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Roma, Italia
    My Bikes
    yes, I have one.
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avmanansala
    I had a jerk try to apologize for continuously using foul language around my son. We were in the lockerroom changing, he and his buddy were showering ... yes in different showers... and continued even after I asked them to stop. They finally stepped out to towel off and another member says "Hey, there are kids in here!" and then they apologize and say they didn't know...blah...blah...blah.

    "Hey, don't aplogize to me for being what you are. You are what you are. I can't change that your a jerk and you shouldn't apologize for it."

    They didn't like my reply, but the other member did. So what. I did have to count to 10 to calm down, but then again, they were jerks and weren't worth the effort.
    You allowed your anger to project onto him thus not giving him the leeway of context or his POV.

    It's a locker/shower room. The guy's a bit of a tard, but without him knowing the context that there are children present I can at least see his view that some uptight git out there can't handle a bit of foul language. I would resent someone getting uppity on me in a place such as that for no other apparent reason than he wants to police the locker room.

    Maybe he was filth flarn filthing every second word and his demeanour was truly jerkish, but taken from what little you post and giving the benefit of the doubt, it seems you lashed out even when he was offering an apology.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
    Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.

  7. #32
    Senior Member avmanansala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Road Warrior
    Posts
    401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus
    You allowed your anger to project onto him thus not giving him the leeway of context or his POV.

    It's a locker/shower room. The guy's a bit of a tard, but without him knowing the context that there are children present I can at least see his view that some uptight git out there can't handle a bit of foul language. I would resent someone getting uppity on me in a place such as that for no other apparent reason than he wants to police the locker room.

    Maybe he was filth flarn filthing every second word and his demeanour was truly jerkish, but taken from what little you post and giving the benefit of the doubt, it seems you lashed out even when he was offering an apology.
    Actually, the two guys knew there were kids in there, I caught them peeking behind the shower curtains. I usually don't use the lockerroom, its the club house in our HOA and I live two minutes away. Took my son and his friend swimming and had to change my son before a class. Guy was a smart ass plain and simple. I'm usually pretty easy going, but I don't subject my son to innappropriate behavior or language. Flarn, filth, flarn is too readily accepted in society and there's no reason to subject that kind of behavior to kids.

    I totally know where your coming from and I usually give a guy the benefit of the doubt, but these guys thought their juvenile behavior was humourous, under any other circumstance I wouldn't care. I want my son to have character, not be a character.

  8. #33
    Videre non videri
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    My Bikes
    1 road bike (simple, light), 1 TT bike (could be more aero, could be lighter), 1 all-weather commuter and winter bike, 1 Monark 828E ergometer indoor bike
    Posts
    3,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Sounds like a case of 'roid rage.
    +1

  9. #34
    n2t
    n2t is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eh you did the right thing. Sorry move on. Submissive, dominant, whatever try respectfull and self assured. Who needs to posture to play that game after middle school. This isn't a situation to overthink. It was annoying but in the end, it happens, and it got no bigger, and you had the girl, so who cares, lol. Move on and continue to act like an adult. Confrontations happen, and you'll step up if you HAVE to, not to be cool. It's really not a good feeling to know you could have walked away from a situation but to instead have escalated it and ended up hurting someone because neither of you had the common sense to back down. Everyone else is a tough guy till it gets to real life...then noones a tough guy, lol.

  10. #35
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcowan
    I was biking with a friend yesterday and stopped off at the rec center to refill my water bottle. I got helmet and sunglasses on as I come through the first door and there is a guy coming through the next so I sidestep him to slide in behind him at the door BUT HERE IS THE THING. He stops dead in his tracks and puts his shoulder out (totally highschool move) so that we bump into eachother, I smile and say sorry and he looks at me real pissed off and says "excuse YOU!". I keep walking but I guess he goes outside and is still yelling about how I need to watch the F out. My friend who is female says to the guy "I'm sure that he didn't intend to run into you" but the guy keeps swearing about me not being considerate.

    I figure he just got done pushing iron around for awhile so he was feeling pretty tough. I shoulda kicked'em in the head just to meet him where he was at but I was in too good of a mood. *refer to title of thread*
    Are you a visible minority, racially/ethnically-speaking?

  11. #36
    Feral Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Roma, Italia
    My Bikes
    yes, I have one.
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avmanansala
    Actually, the two guys knew there were kids in there, I caught them peeking behind the shower curtains. I usually don't use the lockerroom, its the club house in our HOA and I live two minutes away. Took my son and his friend swimming and had to change my son before a class. Guy was a smart ass plain and simple. I'm usually pretty easy going, but I don't subject my son to innappropriate behavior or language. Flarn, filth, flarn is too readily accepted in society and there's no reason to subject that kind of behavior to kids.

    I totally know where your coming from and I usually give a guy the benefit of the doubt, but these guys thought their juvenile behavior was humourous, under any other circumstance I wouldn't care. I want my son to have character, not be a character.
    ah, ok then. That pretty much clarifies it. WhattaDick.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
    Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.

  12. #37
    Live Deliberately. davidmcowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Denver
    My Bikes
    CETMA Cargo, Xtracycle Edgerunner, Surly Crosscheck, Giant Trance, Salsa Mukluk 3
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grun
    Are you a visible minority, racially/ethnically-speaking?
    Yes. I'm a bicyclist!

    Just kidding, no this was not a racial situation. I'm white as a marshmellow.

  13. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people all sound like a bunch of psych docs, analyzing behavior and all this mumbo jumbo.

    Just make it simple and cock punch the guy like Stacey said.

  14. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Alta Loma area of Rancho Cucamonga. About 45 miles east of Los Angeles, California. Uphill, downhill and across hill riding; not too level!
    Posts
    1,329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rando
    were you raised by Dogs? because it seems like you're talking about canine behavior, not human.
    No, I doubt he was raised by dogs; people are agressive, submissive and all the rest, just like the rest of the animals, but we tend to think we are so much better than the rest of the animal kingdom. It is just not as simple as his post would have you think, at least some of the time.

    So many times humans "submit" to avoid other things, to save energy, to save face, to get along. We do all that other stuff that the animals do, but we have brains and complex emotional lives to help us justify our actions and reactions to ourselves and others, and calculate just how to use our social interactions to our own best interests.

    With humans I firmly believe that some of the time there more than a few ways to skin the "submissive cat." I have abjectly apologised to someone in order to embarrass them--it works and makes the apology recipient embarrassed, makes them lose face, and sometimes makes them angry as well.

    But in the original poster's case maybe the guy doing the pushing was just a dickhead.
    I . . can . . . doooo . . . it

  15. #40
    Cycle Year Round CB HI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foehn
    No, I doubt he was raised by dogs;
    That is because the dogs rejected him!

  16. #41
    'Fraid I can't do that Robbie59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi 928 Carbon/Veloce
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrobe1
    Jesus H Christ...

    OK...I'll try...

    And one time...at badass camp...

    Seriously though...people please! Lay off the roids!

    To the OP...well done!
    +1. I've seen the "cock punch" move or versions thereof go very badly. Either you're able to disengage from the situation or its time to pull the sig. And its rare you can't disengage.

  17. #42
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DataJunkie
    um.... dude... your height and build may have something to do with it.
    I don't think he's figured that out yet...

  18. #43
    ♋ ☮♂ ☭ ☯ -=(8)=-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    40205 'ViLLeBiLLie
    My Bikes
    Sngl Spd's, 70's- 80's vintage, D-tube Folder
    Posts
    7,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience a lot of guys and grrrls who gym it have
    psych hang-ups. Being prone to violence and needing to
    validate your gym-fu would be an extension of some of these
    insecurities. Whenever I see a pack of musclepumped mouthbreathers
    I can expect to hear at least comment directed at someone nearby.

  19. #44
    Every day a winding road spinnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    4,297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is the kick to the groin (and I would add EXCUSE ME).


    Or there is the old, "PLEASE! I KNOW YOU THINK I LOOK SEXY IN MY BIKE SHORTS, BUT I"M NOT GOING OUT WITH YOU! I ONLY DATE WOMEN!"

  20. #45
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sure, height and build have a lot to do with it. If you are in your 20's ish and are slim and of modest height, you may appear either younger or less intimidating, which would mean likelier to lose in a fight, and likely to do less damage to the assailant, though it may not always be the case since looks can be deceiving. We are at the end the of the day shallow creatures.

  21. #46
    Live Deliberately. davidmcowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Denver
    My Bikes
    CETMA Cargo, Xtracycle Edgerunner, Surly Crosscheck, Giant Trance, Salsa Mukluk 3
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I"m midsized and in my early thirties. I think I have a somewhat intimidating look to me. (not to mention a black belt in Tae Kwon Do)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •