Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-07, 11:15 AM   #1
davidmcowan
Live Deliberately.
Thread Starter
 
davidmcowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Denver
Bikes: CETMA Cargo, Xtracycle Edgerunner, Surly Crosscheck, Giant Trance, Salsa Mukluk 3
Posts: 713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WhattaDick

I was biking with a friend yesterday and stopped off at the rec center to refill my water bottle. I got helmet and sunglasses on as I come through the first door and there is a guy coming through the next so I sidestep him to slide in behind him at the door BUT HERE IS THE THING. He stops dead in his tracks and puts his shoulder out (totally highschool move) so that we bump into eachother, I smile and say sorry and he looks at me real pissed off and says "excuse YOU!". I keep walking but I guess he goes outside and is still yelling about how I need to watch the F out. My friend who is female says to the guy "I'm sure that he didn't intend to run into you" but the guy keeps swearing about me not being considerate.

I figure he just got done pushing iron around for awhile so he was feeling pretty tough. I shoulda kicked'em in the head just to meet him where he was at but I was in too good of a mood. *refer to title of thread*
davidmcowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 11:17 AM   #2
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)
 
Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 9,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This calls for a cock punch!
__________________
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 11:40 AM   #3
chipcom 
Infamous Member
 
chipcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi
Posts: 24,366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stacey got it right...when the shoulder comes out your knee goes to the groin...the smarter goons figure it out after only a single application...YMMV.
__________________
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey
chipcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 11:47 AM   #4
Nicodemus
Feral Member
 
Nicodemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Roma, Italia
Bikes: yes, I have one.
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Agreed. Time for a cock punch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 01:23 PM   #5
SSP
Software for Cyclists
 
SSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Redding, California
Bikes: Trek 5200, Specialized MTB
Posts: 4,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a case of 'roid rage.
SSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 01:34 PM   #6
soderbiker
Waiting for Summer !
 
soderbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sthlm , Sweden
Bikes: E.Merckx Corsa extra PK Banken,E.Merckx Corsa extra TT,E.Merckx Strada,De Visini,Olmo Gentleman,Peugeot PA-10,E.Merckx Corsa extra Team Issue,Nishiki Olympic Royale,Nishiki Olympic
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
m8 .. dont let them get to you .. most KIDDIES are well mad now days .. let it slide and blow some steam off ( if it bother you so ) on your bike .. crank harder for longer .
Cheers T
soderbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 01:36 PM   #7
oopfoo
Evil Genius
 
oopfoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Tallahassee, Florida USA
Bikes: Pedal Force ZX3, Gary V Titanio, 1985 Cinelli Supercorsa, 1981 Pogliaghi, 1995 Casati Ellisse, Cinelli Softmachine hardtail, Surly Pugsley
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ummm...how old are you? I'm 38, 6'3", and 235#. I don't think anyone has EVER done that to me, no matter what I was wearing.

Is this a teenager sort of thing?
__________________
-- Michael
oopfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 02:15 PM   #8
DataJunkie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 14,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
um.... dude... your height and build may have something to do with it.

I'm 5'9" and in the 160s. Consequently, quite a few teenagers attempt to stare me down.
DataJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 04:02 PM   #9
Portis
Banned.
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Home alone
Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
Posts: 6,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You have just given reason number 68 on why to avoid the gym.
Portis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 04:07 PM   #10
Sledbikes
Senior Member
 
Sledbikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
someone tried that with me i spent 4 days in the can and he spent 3 weeks in intensive care and couldnt file a lawsuit due to his previous acts of stupidity, im sure he learned his lesson that size doesnt matter
Sledbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 05:12 PM   #11
JR97
Golden Member
 
JR97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Salt Lick City
Bikes:
Posts: 599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Should have squirted him in the face and rode away giggling. You're right. What a freaking dick. I probably would have been reaching for the lock if he followed me to my bike. I'd probably would have to hold back the wife from going ape **** on him, too. She's has no problem getting up into people's faces. Kinda freaky actually.

The problem with kicking roid ragers in the nards is that the nards are shriveled up. Better to find some other soft tissue.
JR97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 06:00 PM   #12
Retro Grouch 
Senior Member
 
Retro Grouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: St Peters, Missouri
Bikes: Rans Rockst (Retro rocket) Rans Enduro Sport (Retro racket) Catrike 559, Merin Bear Valley (beater bike).
Posts: 26,631
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Every single person he meets reflects his beligerent attitude back at him so he's only meeting unpleasant people. You, on the other hand, only have him.

Consider yourself lucky.
Retro Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 06:20 PM   #13
n2t
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bah you handled it right, smile and move on. Fact is escalating the situation is stupid. 4 days in jail and some guy in the hospital for a shoulder bump? That's rediculous I mean there is just no reason for that. I mean I'm all for defending yourself but this doesn't sound like a life threatening situation, so why make it one? Keep up with what you're doing, it's a much better attitude.
n2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 06:25 PM   #14
Cyclaholic
CRIKEY!!!!!!!
 
Cyclaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Bikes: several
Posts: 4,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmcowan
I was biking with a friend yesterday and stopped off at the rec center to refill my water bottle. I got helmet and sunglasses on as I come through the first door and there is a guy coming through the next so I sidestep him to slide in behind him at the door BUT HERE IS THE THING. He stops dead in his tracks and puts his shoulder out (totally highschool move) so that we bump into eachother, I smile and say sorry and he looks at me real pissed off and says "excuse YOU!". I keep walking but I guess he goes outside and is still yelling about how I need to watch the F out. My friend who is female says to the guy "I'm sure that he didn't intend to run into you" but the guy keeps swearing about me not being considerate.

I figure he just got done pushing iron around for awhile so he was feeling pretty tough. I shoulda kicked'em in the head just to meet him where he was at but I was in too good of a mood. *refer to title of thread*
There's times when the bigger man is the one that walks away, this is one of those times.
__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world - the ones that can count in base 2, the ones that can't count in base 2, and the ones that didn't expect this to be in base 3.
Cyclaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 06:28 PM   #15
Bikepacker67
Banned
 
Bikepacker67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ogopogo's shoreline
Bikes: LHT, Kona Smoke
Posts: 4,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I smile and say sorry
There's your first mistake, you showed weakness.
Next time just issue a guttural grunt. Don't waste niceties on neanderthals.
Bikepacker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 07:09 PM   #16
soonerrebel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: North Aurora Il
Bikes:
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He's a MO!
soonerrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 07:50 PM   #17
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 11,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
He stomped around mad, you walked off happy. Sounds like you won that none fight.

Provided you do not let him get to your head now.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 09:47 PM   #18
Sage23
It is what it is
 
Sage23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Shaw (SE WI)
Bikes: Trek 1500 and Trek 950
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've had teens here in the area that would walk though the mall looking to do this. I found that the best way to deal with it was to just drop my shoulder into them and knock them back. I might get an "excuse you, but they back off quickly.

Although . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopfoo
Ummm...how old are you? I'm 38, 6'3", and 235#. I don't think anyone has EVER done that to me, no matter what I was wearing.
+1

At 32, 6'2", 255#, it doesn't happen often. And less now that I'm an "old man."
Sage23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 11:23 AM   #19
operator
cab horn
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione
Posts: 28,306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not worth the time. He's a moron, just like 99% of the people you meet daily. Just ignore it.
operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 07:24 AM   #20
CaptainTandem
Bike Commuter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Tandem; MTB; Commuter
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a dick! I thought that kind of idiotic behavior was history. Guess not. Reminds me of couple of scenes from the movie "Back to Future" with that idiot character "Biff".
CaptainTandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 07:50 AM   #21
djSlvt
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami, Florida
Bikes:
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The guy obviously was showing to his female friend (or a female that was around him) that he is dominant and territorial.

Nah, female did not perceive the guy as being rude and what your subject says. Women like dominant guys who are also territorial.


Thus, he dominated you, and you have submitted.


You've submitted even before you said sorry, with your body language. 93% of human communication is none verbal.


Saying sorry is a submissive behavior. You've admitted your fault and submitted. Saying sorry never means respect, or being nice, or being considerate. You show those things through your actions. Never say sorry, unless you done something really really bad, and showing through your actions that you respect, nice, and considerate is not a possibility. (such as you killed your neighbors cat by an accident, that kind of things).

I see guys say sorry all the time, such on these forums. (I'm sorry you post didn't get any replies for so long). That's submissive. Not cool. People take advantage of submissive.


Now if you want to learn more and what you could have done, or how to understand these 93 percent, PM me.
djSlvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 08:01 AM   #22
davidmcowan
Live Deliberately.
Thread Starter
 
davidmcowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Denver
Bikes: CETMA Cargo, Xtracycle Edgerunner, Surly Crosscheck, Giant Trance, Salsa Mukluk 3
Posts: 713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Never say sorry? I have to disagree. Saying you are sorry shows the other person that you didn't intend for that to happen or if you did you regret it. Submissive is a strong word to describe every sorry out there.
What if you aren't worried about being taken advantage of?

You sound like the bad sensai from the karate kid. Sweep the leg!
davidmcowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 08:16 AM   #23
JR97
Golden Member
 
JR97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Salt Lick City
Bikes:
Posts: 599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmcowan
Never say sorry? I have to disagree. Saying you are sorry shows the other person that you didn't intend for that to happen or if you did you regret it. Submissive is a strong word to describe every sorry out there.
What if you aren't worried about being taken advantage of?

You sound like the bad sensai from the karate kid. Sweep the leg!
That post is full of wax on wax off. good job. lol

Humility, forgiveness, and passiveness are not submissive. Those things actually require strength and character. Whereas being a dick and giving in to a$$ hole tendencies is being submissive and having lack of personal fortitude.
JR97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 08:34 AM   #24
rando
Senior Member
 
rando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ
Bikes:
Posts: 2,967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djSlvt
The guy obviously was showing to his female friend (or a female that was around him) that he is dominant and territorial.

Nah, female did not perceive the guy as being rude and what your subject says. Women like dominant guys who are also territorial.


Thus, he dominated you, and you have submitted.


You've submitted even before you said sorry, with your body language. 93% of human communication is none verbal.


Saying sorry is a submissive behavior. You've admitted your fault and submitted. Saying sorry never means respect, or being nice, or being considerate. You show those things through your actions. Never say sorry, unless you done something really really bad, and showing through your actions that you respect, nice, and considerate is not a possibility. (such as you killed your neighbors cat by an accident, that kind of things).

I see guys say sorry all the time, such on these forums. (I'm sorry you post didn't get any replies for so long). That's submissive. Not cool. People take advantage of submissive.


Now if you want to learn more and what you could have done, or how to understand these 93 percent, PM me.
were you raised by Dogs? because it seems like you're talking about canine behavior, not human.
__________________
"Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world". ~Grant Petersen

Cyclists fare best when they recognize that there are times when acting vehicularly is not the best practice, and are flexible enough to do what is necessary as the situation warrants.--Me

Last edited by rando; 06-14-07 at 01:56 PM.
rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 08:41 AM   #25
Nicodemus
Feral Member
 
Nicodemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Roma, Italia
Bikes: yes, I have one.
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djSlvt
The guy obviously was showing to his female friend (or a female that was around him) that he is dominant and territorial.

Nah, female did not perceive the guy as being rude and what your subject says. Women like dominant guys who are also territorial.


Thus, he dominated you, and you have submitted.


You've submitted even before you said sorry, with your body language. 93% of human communication is none verbal.


Saying sorry is a submissive behavior. You've admitted your fault and submitted. Saying sorry never means respect, or being nice, or being considerate. You show those things through your actions. Never say sorry, unless you done something really really bad, and showing through your actions that you respect, nice, and considerate is not a possibility. (such as you killed your neighbors cat by an accident, that kind of things).

I see guys say sorry all the time, such on these forums. (I'm sorry you post didn't get any replies for so long). That's submissive. Not cool. People take advantage of submissive.


Now if you want to learn more and what you could have done, or how to understand these 93 percent, PM me.
awww man, keep it coming. I hope you're feeding that monkey well, he's doing a heck of a job plunking out these diatribes for you. I swear 3/4 of that was cut n' pasted from another post somewhere you made...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 AM.