Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-07, 02:03 AM   #26
damnable
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aus
Bikes:
Posts: 634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
...a sort of related question here...but...with all the talk of stolen bikes, where do they all end up?

I would assume that many get sold in the local trading post or whatever is around in the area, so if you are shopping how can you tell a stolen bike from a legitimate bike?

With all these bikes getting stolen it seems like there must be some sort of black market for this sort of thing.
damnable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 05:22 AM   #27
Bushman
Grumbly Goat
 
Bushman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Bikes: bicycles with round wheels
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnable View Post
...a sort of related question here...but...with all the talk of stolen bikes, where do they all end up?

I would assume that many get sold in the local trading post or whatever is around in the area, so if you are shopping how can you tell a stolen bike from a legitimate bike?

With all these bikes getting stolen it seems like there must be some sort of black market for this sort of thing.

well, i can tell you from experience in my area, that about 95% of stolen bikes, end up on the lower eastside within ten minutes of the theft, are traded for a hit of crack, or sold to a pawnshop for about 10 bucks. The other 5% are bikes that are professionally stolen, ussually by uys ina van or cubevan. Those bikes , often high end , are sold in other provinces or stripped down and rebuilt to look like a diffeent bike.
Bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 08:38 AM   #28
jbird1980
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Bikes:
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
where can i find a bike like you described?
jbird1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 08:46 PM   #29
alhedges
Senior Member
 
alhedges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Naptown
Bikes: NWT 24sp DD; Brompton M6R
Posts: 1,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This thread is 7 years old.
alhedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 11:54 PM   #30
howeeee
Banned.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperTim View Post
Drug addiction is NOT a disease. It is a behavior. Those who have it chose to expose themselves to it at some point in life. They bear some responsibility for it.

A disease gets the innocent and guilty alike.
WRONG drug addiction is a disease A disease is defined by having these three characteristics, an onset, gets progressively worse and ends with premature death.
howeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 02:10 AM   #31
Machka 
Long Distance Cyclist
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: I ride where the thylacine roamed!
Bikes: Lots
Posts: 46,237
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1980 View Post
where can i find a bike like you described?

Here: Singlespeed & Fixed Gear


And this thread is 7 years old! The "you" you are addressing could be long gone.
Machka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:59 AM.