Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Bikes: 2002 Kona Deluxe (road), 2001 Cove Stiffee (mtb)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It all depends on the level of repairs you plan on doing. Here's a few things I have in my own work area.
- Park CT3 chain breaker.
- a good set of T-handle allen key hex wrenches. (plastic handles will break!
- a 4" bench vise w/ wood jaws. (so as not to damage parts)
- a 6" bench ginder.
- wheel truing stand and dishing tool.
- Adjustable wrenches
- spoke wrench(s)
- cable puller and cable/housing cutting tool.
- a good size tub of grease, some chain lube, and litres upon litres of degreaser.
...plus more smaller odds and ends. I seem to get the most use out of the stuff listed above though.
"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs. We should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power." -P.J. O'Rourke