I had the same thing, resulting from a collision with a car in April. By the time I was finished with therapy for the big deal (fractured pelivs) I had developed a frozen shoulder. Today, my therapist suggested that progress to date, and anticipated, did not justify continuing treatment. Anyhow, TBatty, it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. Depending on your condition, the longer you wait, the less likelyhood of a complete recovery. That doesn't mean your present doctor is wrong, but in the right context, a second opinion is not very expensive.
Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.