Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member JasBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I have nobody to bike with!

    Theres nobody around here that keeps up with me on the trails!!! the only two friends of mine that share a need for speed are away on vacations


    biking alone is never as much fun...

  2. #2
    Advertise here! Chuvak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    2002 Allez A1xx SE
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really that fast?

  3. #3
    Senior Member JasBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm not very fast, but they're just unusually athletic casual riders and arent that comfortable behind the handlebars.






    it started thundering as i was heading out anyway, so i didnt get chance to ride regardless =\

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Gambrills, Maryland
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just the opposite. I love to ride solo. I am at that point in my cycling life where I am still herky-jerky when to comes to hills. I can whip along at 20-25mph on the flats, but the hills darn near stop me dead. Some of them, I am lucky to crawl up at less than 5mph in granny low!

    I still haven't a clue about protocol of riding in a group, or even one other person. When to lead? When to fall back? I guess it is something I will have to learn as my wife is pressuring me to join a club and my doctor is pressuring me to join his.
    "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

  5. #5
    Senior Member JasBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TrekRider
    I am just the opposite. I love to ride solo. I am at that point in my cycling life where I am still herky-jerky when to comes to hills. I can whip along at 20-25mph on the flats, but the hills darn near stop me dead. Some of them, I am lucky to crawl up at less than 5mph in granny low!

    I still haven't a clue about protocol of riding in a group, or even one other person. When to lead? When to fall back? I guess it is something I will have to learn as my wife is pressuring me to join a club and my doctor is pressuring me to join his.

    i dont mind a good solo ride once in a while, but competition really helps you push yourself, plus its fun to have someone to chitchat with while taking a break.


    if you're not certain about ettiqute, i'm sure you could ask someone in the group before your first ride

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado
    My Bikes
    Aegis Swift, Titus Racer x
    Posts
    500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please, don't complain! Be glad that you can ride. I haven't been on my bike since July 17th when I went over my handlebars. My elbow still hurts, I'm not sure when I can ride again. Just go out and do a couple of extra miles for me.

    Kathi

  7. #7
    Around now and then DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Around now and then
    Posts
    20,805
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to contact A. Troll. She likes to ride with just about anybody, especially handsome single guys.

    http://www.bikeforums.net/member.php...fo&userid=2693
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

  8. #8
    Senior Member JasBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by lovemyswift
    Please, don't complain! Be glad that you can ride. I haven't been on my bike since July 17th when I went over my handlebars. My elbow still hurts, I'm not sure when I can ride again. Just go out and do a couple of extra miles for me.

    Kathi



    ahhhh i'm sorry man!



    that must suck.

    okay, next day off i'll put in an extra 10 miles for ya

  9. #9
    Senior Member JasBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by DnvrFox
    You might want to contact A. Troll. She likes to ride with just about anybody, especially handsome single guys.

    http://www.bikeforums.net/member.php...fo&userid=2693



    shame i'm not single =\


    or handsome >=(

  10. #10
    Around now and then DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Around now and then
    Posts
    20,805
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by JasBike
    shame i'm not single =\


    or handsome >=(
    Well, I don't think the "not single" part bothers her much. I'm not sure about the "not handsome" though!!
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

  11. #11
    Senior Member JasBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by DnvrFox
    Well, I don't think the "not single" part bothers her much. I'm not sure about the "not handsome" though!!



    hehehe.


    i'll just wear a mask and walk around shirtless flexing my football-player body!!!



    ...*laughs at the ludicracy of that*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •