Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Burn-em Upus Icephaltus Gojohnnygo.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Help me find this safety vest?

    Can I find this vest or somthing like it in the USA. http://advancedsafetyproducts.co.uk/...-1.html#police
    Sick BubbleGum

  2. #2
    OregonBound
    Guest
    Go to the Contact section of the website URL you posted. It tells you where to buy it in the US.

    http://advancedsafetyproducts.co.uk/contact1.html

    Paul

  3. #3
    Burn-em Upus Icephaltus Gojohnnygo.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by OregonBound
    Go to the Contact section of the website URL you posted. It tells you where to buy it in the US.

    http://advancedsafetyproducts.co.uk/contact1.html

    Paul
    I need to get some glasses.Thank you.
    Sick BubbleGum

  4. #4
    Senior Member randya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    in bed with your mom
    My Bikes
    who cares?
    Posts
    13,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I want a safety vest that sez police, too!!! Seriously though, I don't know how much they're asking, but I've seen these for sale discounted to $20.00 in one of my local electronics supply stores. And, generally, only police or fire vehicles are legally allowed to display blue lights (although I've got some blue reflectors from home depot on my bike, anyway...I say, blue is for bicycles..but be warned blue is not as visible as amber from a distance...).

  5. #5
    Senior Member Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an Illuminated Safety Vest :
    http://www.safehomeproducts.com/SHP/SM/Safety_Vest.asp

    and this is a Flashing LED Safety Vest:
    http://www.led.net/safetyled/ds/vestled_vst1004/139.htm

    Joe

  6. #6
    Burn-em Upus Icephaltus Gojohnnygo.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by randya
    Yea, I want a safety vest that sez police, too!!! Seriously though, I don't know how much they're asking, but I've seen these for sale discounted to $20.00 in one of my local electronics supply stores. And, generally, only police or fire vehicles are legally allowed to display blue lights (although I've got some blue reflectors from home depot on my bike, anyway...I say, blue is for bicycles..but be warned blue is not as visible as amber from a distance...).
    They are available in red or amber.Thanks for the tip. They go for about $56.00 US
    Last edited by Gojohnnygo.; 09-09-03 at 12:56 PM.
    Sick BubbleGum

  7. #7
    Burn-em Upus Icephaltus Gojohnnygo.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Faust
    Here is an Illuminated Safety Vest :
    http://www.safehomeproducts.com/SHP/SM/Safety_Vest.asp

    and this is a Flashing LED Safety Vest:
    http://www.led.net/safetyled/ds/vestled_vst1004/139.htm

    Joe
    That VST1004 vest looks sweet.Thank you.
    Sick BubbleGum

  8. #8
    Senior Member cyclezealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
    My Bikes
    Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
    Posts
    13,145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bought one last year from Advanced Safety. Found them by just using Google search. Saw it for the first time when driving behind a bunch of cylcists on the road and then and there had to have it.
    My vest has orange lights and cost about $32...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •