I am a messenjero, and I don't expect my base layers and jerseys to smell good after a day's work, but sometimes they start to smell really bad even after just 1 hour on the bike!
This is what I tried last week:
1. After work, I poured antiseptic disinfectant on the armpits of the clothes, scrunched them together to get a lather, left them for a bit then washed them in a basin of warm water with more disinfectant added.
2. Removed them from the water, poured washing liquid on the armpits, scrunched up to lather, then put in the wash as usual
3. Once washed, hang them to dry immediately
4. Spray deodorant on the armpits of the clothes before putting them on
5. Ensure my armpits are always clean and deodorised before putting the clothes on (I never wear them unless I've showered and first) - I even used antiseptic disinfectant on my armpits while showering once
I did all that, but they still stank to high heaven after wearing them for a couple of hours. WTF?!
Spraying deodorant on my armpits a few times throughout the day does help to mask the smell, and probably helps prevent further stinkage production. But this obviously uses up way too much deodorant. The stuff ain't cheap!
Apart from shaving my armpits what else can I do to stop my clothes stinking of B.O.?!?!