Bike for £250 possible?
Hi guys, currenty looking for new bike for around £250, willing to spend alittle more if really needed. (I'm coming from store dept. here)
* Looking for a hardtail (no rear sus.)
* About 21-24 gears would be ideal but more important something that shifts nicely.
* Would like powerful v-brakes. I mean if I pull the front I am catapulted into the air (current bike wont fulfil that).
* Will be used mostly on roads and paths so wont benifit from monster truck wheels.
* Would like a pre-installed bashguard too. I notice some bikes not looking like them have them.
Looking at evanscycles.com, (there or anywhere else, but evans look good) there is quite a choice ... is it safe to assume anything from Specialized, Giant or GT is going to be decent?
I'll hand the choices over to you guys, any Q's throw 'em.