... but I'm very happy with it! It's a '99 Rans Stratus, in excellent condition with nearly all components replaced with upper quality items about 4 years ago. So I've got the major purchase done for my first cycling tour next summer, and I'm excited. I've also got questions.
1) The tubes in this bike are the Presta tubes. What if I switched to Schrader tubes... does that make sense to do that?
1a) Relating to 1) above, to get a small pump that fits in a bag on the back of the seat, can I find a Schrader pump that small?
2) To avoid punctures, do you recommend a tire liner, or Slime, or something else?
3) Do you recommend a certain kind of patch kit to have around the house? What about the kit to bring on the tour?
4) Which is better for a recumbent, helmet mirror or handlebar mirror?
5) I've found performancebicycle.com as a website to order bike parts (I live 90 miles from the nearest bike shop). Any other suggested websites to order bike parts, etc.?
Those are the questions I have for now. I did figure out how to get the computer off the base and replace the battery, and how to reattach a gear-shift cable for the one on the pedals, and found a place in town that has metric-type bolts since I needed one to attach one of the seat-back extension bars to the frame, at the back axle.
But those dang Presta valve stems, man! Previous owner of my bike didn't mention them to me, and one of the Presta stems was missing the knob at the very top. I was able to find someone who knew about these "strange" stems, and he produced a Presta adapter, which worked fine on the other tube. But this one with the missing knob at the top, we tried the Presta adapter on it, and the little post inside the stem is gone, blown down into the tube I'm guessing. The stem is now open/broken and let's air flow, so I think the tube is a permanent flat. Anyway, this is one reason I'm all ready to go to Schrader tubes.
Looking forward to my first tour next summer, let the training begin.