Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Thunder Whisperer no1mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NE OK
    My Bikes
    '06 Kona Smoke
    Posts
    8,273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hard sided panniers

    I've found these from Cobbworks http://www.cobbworks.com/index.htm and these from Bikebins http://www.bikebins.com/bikebins_usa.html.

    I'm intrigued by something like these. Any other options out there?

    BTW, I'm aware of the citybox panniers from Nashbar, but they appear to be of a less than ideal construction quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Ride what and in what manner pleases you. Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind. srsly.
    Community guidelines

  2. #2
    Senior Member hotbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    My Bikes
    a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike
    Posts
    2,710
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by no1mad View Post
    I've found these from Cobbworks http://www.cobbworks.com/index.htm and these from Bikebins http://www.bikebins.com/bikebins_usa.html.

    I'm intrigued by something like these. Any other options out there?

    BTW, I'm aware of the citybox panniers from Nashbar, but they appear to be of a less than ideal construction quality.


    You could make a set of panniers out of Coroplast (corrugated plastic), like these. I made mine out of a coroplast electioneering sign, that was recycled the day after election day.
    These aren't as heavy as the oyster buckets, and they cant hold water, as there was cutting, folding, and holes to allow fasteners.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11629987@N02/sets/72157639939606343/

  3. #3
    Life is good RonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida.
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale SuperSix EVO carbon
    Posts
    14,172
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Commuting forum folks discuss this type of pannier all the time. Why not ask their opinions?
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale SuperSix EVO carbon

  4. #4
    Thunder Whisperer no1mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NE OK
    My Bikes
    '06 Kona Smoke
    Posts
    8,273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    The Commuting forum folks discuss this type of pannier all the time. Why not ask their opinions?
    Because this forum tends to get some cross traffic from other forums. Commuting, touring, utility...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Ride what and in what manner pleases you. Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind. srsly.
    Community guidelines

  5. #5
    Mekanicul Enjuneer wristwister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sequoia
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently picked up what i would call a semi-hard sided case. It's set up for carrying a laptop, notebook, office supplies, that sort of thing. I't's waterproof fabric, but has internal hard side panels. Made by Ortlieb. So far it's worked pretty slick, and kept everything bone dry through a couple wet commutes.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •