So I have only owned department store "mountain bikes", and they are cheap and heavy. I am looking to buy a new bike from a bike store.
- I live in a condo. I have a not-easily-accessible locker I can store my bike in, but definitely not an everyday thing.
- We have outdoor bike racks but I don't really want to keep it there every day overnight
- I will probably keep it on my balcony...
- I will use it for both commuting to work (short distance) and biking along trails
- I have an Accord Sedan and would like to be able to move it in my car... (i think any frame will fit in with the wheels removed? not sure...)
I was originally looking at the Kona Dew but have seemed to move on to the KHS Urban Xpress and KHS Urban X. The Xpress was $100 more.. I know it has double walled rims and I like the gearshifting better... the Urban X comes w/ fenders and rack already on though...
I have also loosely considered the Dahon Jack. It's nice that it folds in half because it certainly makes it more easy to store/transport but I didn't really like the ride as much. It seems to force you to lean forward more...
I'm really quite new to all of this. Could any of you provide some insight/suggestions/etc. to help me decide?