Advertise on

User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Where can I find replacement parts (wheels)?

    I ride a late 80's Univega Activa-ES, a hybrid bicycle. I measured the wheels at 25 inches and currently use 700x35c tires and tubes. I recently bent the rear tire beyond the point of no return. It had already been trued previously and is going to need to be replaced. Unfortunately, no bike stores carry the rim I need, and I can't seem to find any sort of bike parts dealer online that sells the wheel specifications I need. Could anyone give me a little help figuring out what I need and where I can get it? Let me know if you need any more info!


  2. #2
    Senior Member demoncyclist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medway, MA
    My Bikes
    2011 Lynskey Sportive, 1988 Cannondale SM400
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no 25" wheel. You have 700C rims, and any shop should be able to get you a suitable replacement wheel for short money. Bring it to a shop and tell them you want one as close to what you have as possible.

    Satanic Mechanic
    STAR 3 Spinning Instructor

    2011 Lynskey Sportive (Shimano Ultegra 10s)
    1988 Cannondale SM400 (Suntour XC-M 7s)

  3. #3
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    340 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)
    If you can't find a hub to fit, you can put a new rim on the wheel. You might be able to reuse the spokes, and if not, you can get new spokes. As demoncyclist says, you need a 700C rim, which is standard and extremely common.
    Quote Originally Posted by noglider
    Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
    Tom Reingold,
    New York City and High Falls, NY
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts