Got stung on ride yesterday!
I was about halfway through my normal evening ride of 24 miles yesterday when something struck me on the left side of my face and then I got sharp pains in my left upper chest, just in from the armpit. It was painful and spread into the chest and upper arm area.
I pulled over, took a look at my jersey and tried to look under my jersey but didn't see anything. Finishing my ride, the pain went away after about 10 minutes and I forgot about it. After I got home and came out of the shower, my wife noticed a red spot on my left upper chest. So I told her what happened.
I think I hit a bee or wasp on my face which made it react by putting it's stinger out so when it hit my chest it stung me. Does this sound plausible? Do bees / wasps react that way? Anyone else experience anything like this?