ok, i finally received it after 13 days of waiting and waiting. for those of you that is not sure what this item is.. here it is: PerformanceŽ XPORT Flatbed 2 Bike Hitch Rack
- assembly was pretty easy.
- design is sterdy and easy to use.
- attachment to the hitch receiver is screwed on, instead of using the stock hitch pin.
- bike rarely moves and is firmly held down.
- rubber nipples provided to cap down all the bolts and nuts to prevent people getting scratched by the end of the bolt.
- hitch rod is capable of tilting down for access to the trunk.
- the wheels sits perfectly in the bracket.
- hitch arm is S
shaped so the platform actually is lifted higher off the ground for clearance. definitely a PLUS if you lowered ur car.
- there are two bolts that you use to screw the platform to the hitch arm. do not over tighten or u'll end up breaking the bolt. (if you do break it, get it at home depot for 15 cents per bolt & 85 cents per nut).
- the hitch arm and receiver is screwed together using a 1" bolt & washer. that's good but anyone can come and unscrew it and take ur rack. i would suggust getting a lock pin of some kind for security.
- manual is not very easy to read, but if ur not mechnically inclined.. u'll be able to figure it out.
- the rope (or whatever it is) that is included is kinda short and description of how to use it is kinda confusing. suggest getting a separate rope to tie bike down for another peace of mind.
Overall.. this rack is the BOMB! hella easy to use and for the price of it with 20% coupon code.. can't beat that with a bat! here are some pics of how it looks like on a 2000 Civic Ex.