yesterday I was visiting my in laws and my father in law & i went for a ride. I didnt bring a bike so i borrowed his Fuji Track. First time really riding a single speed for any distance (about 9 miles yesterday) I really really liked it. I had been thinking of buying/building a SS bike before but this kind of put me into action. I found the SE Lager on Jenson marked down to $350.
Here comes my dilema...
I have $300 in my play money & dont want to deplete it. I had kicked around the idea of selling my Fuji road bike earlier this year (built a new primary bike) but after riding it, realized that I liked having a lighter faster bike to compliment my heavy slower primary bike. I am confident I could sell the Fuji for at least the $350 needed to buy the Lager. What would you do? I have a geared bike so I wont be stuck with only a SS but still... I could hold out & save some more money toward the purchase but this is discounted 46% so I fear that even if I save more to buy it with, the price might not be so low.
So my choices are:
Keep my Fuji
Sell my Fuji, buy the SE Lager
Keep my Fuji, wait until I have more cash, & wait for a good deal on a nice SS bike down the road