Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. #1
    Specialized Member ChAnMaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I live in a small town
    My Bikes
    2004 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Specialized is the best, Case Closed (and i can prove it)

    Seems like every time I get on bike forums I see a thread entitled Specialized vs something. Wether it be VS Giant, Trek, Biachi, Lightspeed, whatever. Below are 11 "Specialized VS ?" threads that were posted on in the last month alone! So from now on, instead of asking, just pick the specialized!.......or read through some of these threads below because there are only so many ways to skin this cat and here they are.........


    (These are the titles and urls to the Specialized vs forums this month.)

    Trek or Specialized WSD???
    Trek or Specialized WSD???

    Trek 1500 / Allez Elite / R600 = ?
    Trek 1500 / Allez Elite / R600 = ?

    Specialized, Trek, Giant or Cannondale (Hybrid or Comfort)?
    Specialized, Trek, Giant or Cannondale (Hybrid or Comfort)?

    Specialized Stumpjumper comp Vs. Kona Kula Deluxe Vs. Rocky Vertex 70
    Specialized Stumpjumper comp Vs. Kona Kula Deluxe Vs. Rocky Vertex 70

    Specialized Sequoia or Trek 1200C
    Specialized Sequoia or Trek 1200C

    specialized or haro??
    specialized or haro??

    Specialized Allez vs Giant OCR3
    Specialized Allez vs Giant OCR3

    Litespeed Vela or Specialized Roubaix...can you help me decide?
    Litespeed Vela or Specialized Roubaix...can you help me decide?

    giant OCR 1 vs Scattante vs Specialized
    giant OCR 1 vs Scattante vs Specialized

    Comparing Bikes Marin Vs. Specialized
    Comparing Bikes Marin Vs. Specialized

    Specialized Sawpit shoe vs. Shimano M58
    Specialized Sawpit shoe vs. Shimano M58

    All this just goes to show that Specialized is the best
    Case Closed
    You can never be too Specialized
    Click here if any of the following apply to you:
    1 You dont like Specialized, 2 You drive a SUV, 3 Your name is George Bush

  2. #2
    Senior Member Stor Mand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    701
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple .. and like'em a lot.

  3. #3
    Zin
    Zin is offline
    On your what?!? Zin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    2,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude. Lay off the coffee.

  4. #4
    Senior Member larue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madison, WI
    My Bikes
    Surly Pacer/Cutter/Viking
    Posts
    1,511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not quite. were are the specialized vs. felt threads!?
    Leave your treadmill power trip behind.

  5. #5
    Tom (ex)Builder twahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez
    Posts
    2,814
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larue
    not quite. were are the specialized vs. felt threads!?

    hehehe...my LBS carries Specialized, Felt......and I know this is gonna hurt ....Raleigh.

  6. #6
    Humvee of bikes =Worksman Nightshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,259
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, Whenever somebody say this or that is best I have to
    wonder what would happen if everybody married the same women
    or drove the same car or drank the same beer or etc. NOT
    something I even want to think about. UGH!!!

    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "BEST" ANYTHING. THERE IS ONLY
    DIFFERENT.

    Yes, ease back on the coffee, mate.

  7. #7
    Specialized Member ChAnMaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I live in a small town
    My Bikes
    2004 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tightwad
    Dude, Whenever somebody say this or that is best I have to
    wonder what would happen if everybody married the same women
    or drove the same car or drank the same beer or etc. NOT
    something I even want to think about. UGH!!!

    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "BEST" ANYTHING. THERE IS ONLY
    DIFFERENT.

    Yes, ease back on the coffee, mate.
    Not everybody has to ride the same bike.....Specialized has lots of options...Allez, S-Works, Enduro, Roubaix, Sirrus, Stumpjumper, Epic, Sequoia ect.....you can still ride Specialized and be unique at the same time and most models come in two color schemes thats twice the fun!

    (P.S My mom wont let me drink coffee, not to mention its gross unless its frozen and in the form of a smoothe)
    You can never be too Specialized
    Click here if any of the following apply to you:
    1 You dont like Specialized, 2 You drive a SUV, 3 Your name is George Bush

  8. #8
    Senior Member CycleFreakLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southern CA
    My Bikes
    Litespeed, Medici, Gary Fisher
    Posts
    663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specialized makes some nice bikes. But I still wouldn't take an S-Works or a Roubaix over my Litespeed. In fact, I'll take my Ghisallo over any Specialized bike any day of the week ... but that's just me .

  9. #9
    Elite Rep
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is all of this supposed to mean. Everyone should get a specilized? What is this supposed to prove? I really dont care which bikes are better then others. And if there is no point other then 'they are the best' then there is no point to all of this. Everyone has their own opinions, so dont start making a deal out of it, especially on FORUMS. Because many people would probably not like your opinion. There are some respected senior riders out there, and i dont think you should start explaining to them which is the best bike.

  10. #10
    Perineal Pressurized dobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In Ebritated
    Posts
    6,556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChAnMaN
    Seems like every time I get on bike forums I see a thread entitled Specialized vs something. Wether it be VS Giant, Trek, Biachi, Lightspeed, whatever. Below are 11 "Specialized VS ?" threads that were posted on in the last month alone! So from now on, instead of asking, just pick the specialized!.......or read through some of these threads below because there are only so many ways to skin this cat and here they are.........
    Where's the thread that compares the SpecialEd Lamester to a pile of rusting bike parts?

  11. #11
    Senior Member RacerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    1,717
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChAnMaN
    (P.S My mom wont let me drink coffee, not to mention its gross unless its frozen and in the form of a smoothe)
    When you can start choosing things without your mommy's permission, I hope you figure out that Specialized is one of several mass-market bikes available to you at equal performance.

  12. #12
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's about the engine not the bike (to a much lesser extent of course).

  13. #13
    Specialized Member ChAnMaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I live in a small town
    My Bikes
    2004 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    When you can start choosing things without your mommy's permission, I hope you figure out that Specialized is one of several mass-market bikes available to you at equal performance.
    and mass marketing is bad y? doesnt that one guy...whats his face.....you know, the best cyclist on earth ..ohh ya lance armstrong ride one of those bikes that is from a mass marketed brand. You would think he might know a thing or two about good bikes
    You can never be too Specialized
    Click here if any of the following apply to you:
    1 You dont like Specialized, 2 You drive a SUV, 3 Your name is George Bush

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait! LANCE DOESN'T RIDE A SPECIALIZED! It CAN'T be the best!

  15. #15
    Elite Rep
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont think anyone cares who is the best bike, and operator is right. Its the engine not the bike.

  16. #16
    Senior Member RiDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_neon
    i dont think anyone cares who is the best bike, and operator is right. Its the engine not the bike.
    In a perfect world that's true, but you know there's some closet snobs in this forum.

  17. #17
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller, 1977 Puch Pathfinder
    Posts
    18,789
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No thanks I'm happy with my Kona.
    Strike like an eagle and sacrifice the dove.
    Words and Stuff.

  18. #18
    Senior Member RacerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    1,717
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChAnMaN
    and mass marketing is bad y? doesnt that one guy...whats his face.....you know, the best cyclist on earth ..ohh ya lance armstrong ride one of those bikes that is from a mass marketed brand. You would think he might know a thing or two about good bikes
    thanks for proving my point, freakshow.

    Why don't you start a new thread:
    Trek is the best, Case Closed (and I can prove it-er, Chanman can prove it for me if his mommy lets him)

  19. #19
    Almost Immortal The Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    My Bikes
    2004 Trek 7500FX
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ridden two Specialized models, and they were both very nice. I opted for another Trek in part because I decided to purchase from the shop that's always given me excellent service, and it doesn't carry Specialized bikes*.

    Silly enough, one reason I considered Specialized in the first place is that I already owned a Trek and most of my gear has TREK emblazoned across every surface, and I was beginning to feel like a shill. Plus, I thought it might be nice to own a model that has a name instead of a number. Specialized's branding tends to be a tad less intrusive than Trek's as well. In the end consumer loyalty (to my bike shop) won out.

    (*My shop does sell Body Geometry products however; I bought a pair of those nifty gel grips to replace the ones that came with my 7500FX. I watched closely the first week for signs of tissue rejection. )
    "Ignorance begets confidence more frequently than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin


    http://blog.myspace.com/robcatg

    http://therob.wordpress.com

  20. #20
    Elite Rep
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiDE
    In a perfect world that's true, but you know there's some closet snobs in this forum.
    to a degree maybe. It just that when people take it too far saying their bikes better ect., its start to really (sorry for the language) piss me off!

  21. #21
    Canon fiend MadMan2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    old peugot frankenbike
    Posts
    3,915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a specialized bike, because I liked it best out of all the ones in my price range, and a specialized helmet, because I liked the style of it for the price.

    I was thinking about a Trek (4900), but it was a bit out of my budget, and I liked the hardrock sport more.

  22. #22
    the matrix has you... thelonephantom6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still love both my treks

    and those who said it depends on the "engine" are right. like they say, "only the foolish worksman blames his tools"

    and these threads promoting your opinions don't seem to change my opinions. everyone has their own views. just as long as a person likes their own bike. specilized is another brand of bikes. people have their own tastes which is why they're's many brands and types of bikes. people like specialized, people like trek. people like road bikes, people prefer mountain bikes. one way or another people are still gonna like other kinds of bikes, there will never be a time when everyone likes just one brand. for your information, i believe specialized is NOT the best. you did not prove much to me but realize that there really isnt such thing as the best. it may be the best for you, and for others, but everyone has their own "best"
    Last edited by thelonephantom6; 09-06-04 at 10:22 PM.
    It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
    a lifetime to forget indeed...........

  23. #23
    Elite Rep
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelonephantom6
    i still love both my treks

    and those who said it depends on the "engine" are right. like they say, "only the foolish worksman blames his tools"

    and these threads promoting your opinions don't seem to change my opinions. everyone has their own views. just as long as a person likes their own bike. specilized is another brand of bikes. people have their own tastes which is why they're's many brands and types of bikes. people like specialized, people like trek. people like road bikes, people prefer mountain bikes. one way or another people are still gonna like other kinds of bikes, there will never be a time when everyone likes just one brand. for your information, i believe specialized is NOT the best. you did not prove much to me but realize that there really isnt such thing as the best. it may be the best for you, and for others, but everyone has their own "best"
    i second that. Chan man should be reading all of this stuff

  24. #24
    My life be like ooh aah anthonaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    My Bikes
    Giant Boulder SE 2000, Craftworks FRM125 2002
    Posts
    1,409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just cos Specialized is the most POPULAR or BEST KNOWN brand, doesn't make it the best. I mean cummon, use some common sense.
    Any true downhiller can huck, but no hucker can truly downhill - Ryan N.

    Mtbworld - http://mtbworld.mybesthost.com

  25. #25
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't the decals removeable on the Trek bikes? I'd rather have a non-descript frame than one emblazed with logos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •