Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-10, 07:58 AM   #1
The Sprinter
Its Torpado not Torpedo
Thread Starter
 
The Sprinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MIAMI, FL
Bikes: 1980's Torpado
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is the name of this bike movie??

I remember seeing this movie years ago and it sparking an interest in road bikes

All I remember is was late 70's early 80's and the guy is riding his bike behind a truck and the driver is telling him through the window how fast he is going then the truck gets pulled over by the cops and the dude crosses the bridge

what can you guys or gals make of it?

Thanks

Bryan
The Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 08:13 AM   #2
JanMM
rebmeM roineS
 
JanMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In Central IN
Bikes: RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
Posts: 13,397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sprinter View Post
I remember seeing this movie years ago and it sparking an interest in road bikes

All I remember is was late 70's early 80's and the guy is riding his bike behind a truck and the driver is telling him through the window how fast he is going then the truck gets pulled over by the cops and the dude crosses the bridge

what can you guys or gals make of it?

Thanks

Bryan
Breaking Away

That scene was shot between Bloomington and Martinsville, Indiana on SR37 in the summer of 1978. ( I was living in Bloomington at the time)
__________________
RANS V3 - Ti, RANS V-Rex - cromo, RANS Screamer - cromo
JanMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 08:16 AM   #3
Retro Grouch 
Senior Member
 
Retro Grouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: St Peters, Missouri
Bikes: Rans Rockst (Retro rocket) Rans Enduro Sport (Retro racket) Catrike 559, Merin Bear Valley (beater bike).
Posts: 26,736
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMM View Post
Breaking Away

That scene was shot between Bloomington and Martinsville, Indiana on SR37 in the summer of 1978. ( I was living in Bloomington at the time)
Yup, if you look carefully after the truck gets pulled over for speeding you'll see that the bike's chain is on the small chainring.
Retro Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 11:16 AM   #4
calamarichris
Horse Categorie
 
calamarichris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), 94 Greg Lemond, 99 GT Pulse Kinesis for Track
Posts: 5,863
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
Yup, if you look carefully after the truck gets pulled over for speeding you'll see that the bike's chain is on the small chainring.
Yeah, back in the days of the 55mph national speed limit, we only needed 5-speed freewheels. And only the most reckless & daring of us ever put it on the big chainring.
calamarichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 AM.