I'll probably be relocating to Perth (Western Australia) next year and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the cycling culture and facilities are like there.
This is what I'm mostly interested in knowing:
1. Is Perth relatively cycle-friendly?
2. Do many people commute by bike?
3. Are there any good off-road trails in the Perth area?
4. I think I'd like to join a MTB or touring club when I get there. Are there any good ones?
5. Are there any good bike shops? Sounds crazy to ask, but even in a huge city like London a friendly & helpful LBS is VERY hard to find.