Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 92
  1. #51
    Senior Member tblendell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    hollywood, ca.
    My Bikes
    cannondale cross, , tommaso as1, cannondale jekyll
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbrxfZNESzk[/URL]


    an excuse to post my own...

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdold View Post
    You are absolutely correct about this. A few times (very few) I'll see a vid that has some thought put into the music, and it comes out great. But most of the time the music doesn't fit and just gets in the way, but I'm still glad that they took the time to post it.
    I agree. The Carson Pass descent video I posted earlier is one I liked. I didn't mind the music in that one anyway as it was a descent, which means lots of wind noise. I don't dislike descent videos with wind noise though.

    A climbing video with an appropriate song playing at a low enough volume to allow the viewer to hear ride audio would be alright, but there aren't too many of those around. For climbing I still prefer raw video.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    nevermind
    Oops, meant to say you think I won't upload a climbing video because I'm afraid of getting a low view count due to my slow climbing speed, not my weight. Sorry!

  4. #54
    Con forza e velocitÓ Forza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Newcastle, WA
    My Bikes
    Spesh S-Works - Tarmac SL4, Spesh S-Works Venge, BMC Team Machine SLR01, Spesh Allez - FrankenForza
    Posts
    697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    Did you watch the whole show?
    Watch yes...Listen...No, I got tired of listening to the narration, which happens not to be my cup of tea, and turned it down. /thread
    The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. - Vince Lombardi

    My: STRAVA

  5. #55
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    Oops, meant to say you think I won't upload a climbing video because I'm afraid of getting a low view count due to my slow climbing speed, not my weight. Sorry!
    Ah there ya go! I don't think climbing speed is the only reason people watch climbing videos, some yes but not all. Actually lots of riders like to see people suffer on climbs. Especially if it's a female rider, ideal weight or not, serious speed or not.

    I can't count the times that I've invited riders on a local mountain climb only to hear "I'll go if Gina goes" (Gina's my wife) If I ask them to join me alone, they don't. If I post a video of myself climbing, low views. If I post a video of my wife climbing, it's surely going to get more views. She's not a fast climber but like I said, not eveybody is interested in that. Some just want to see her suffer. Some because they know her, some to see if hse makes it, some because they want to see her succeed as hope for themselves on the climb, Some because she's female, for whatever reason, but it's not because she climbs like a serious climber.

    I know you aren't interested in view count but if you were to post a video of yourself climbing and suffering, you'd get a ton of views, ideal weight or not, serious speed or not. Especially a female huffing and puffing, tears in eyes, sweating and snot from the nose in an all out effort, heck, you'd be a legend on the forums!

    But that's just me. If I make a video, I hope that others will watch it eventhough mine are mainly used to document my recreational style rides.

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Ah there ya go! I don't think climbing speed is the only reason people watch climbing videos, some yes but not all. Actually lots of riders like to see people suffer on climbs. Especially if it's a female rider, ideal weight or not, serious speed or not.

    I can't count the times that I've invited riders on a local mountain climb only to hear "I'll go if Gina goes" (Gina's my wife) If I ask them to join me alone, they don't. If I post a video of myself climbing, low views. If I post a video of my wife climbing, it's surely going to get more views. She's not a fast climber but like I said, not eveybody is interested in that. Some just want to see her suffer. Some because they know her, some to see if hse makes it, some because they want to see her succeed as hope for themselves on the climb, Some because she's female, for whatever reason, but it's not because she climbs like a serious climber.

    I know you aren't interested in view count but if you were to post a video of yourself climbing and suffering, you'd get a ton of views, ideal weight or not, serious speed or not. Especially a female huffing and puffing, tears in eyes, sweating and snot from the nose in an all out effort, heck, you'd be a legend on the forums!

    But that's just me. If I make a video, I hope that others will watch it eventhough mine are mainly used to document my recreational style rides.
    ROFL! Now that's freakin' hilarious! I never knew that! I'll have to keep that in mind. Funniest thing I've heard all day

    I did have a friend tell me once that if I posted a video of me freight training uphill (breathing hard), I would get a ton of views 'cause people love that stuff. From what you're saying I guess that's true.

    Here's an example of my climbing speed from when I weighed 185 pounds back in August. This is the same climb from the descent video:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/45882017
    Last edited by freighttraininguphill; 02-03-11 at 02:18 AM. Reason: just thought of something

  7. #57
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    ROFL! Here's an example of my climbing speed from when I weighed 185 pounds back in August. This is the same climb from the descent video:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/45882017
    That's a pretty darn good climb and time!. But like I said, a gal kicking butt up a hill would sell like hotcakes, even if it's not at your best.

    I'm a Clyde rider (about 245 lbs in the video) so my climbing is ok, this video is 2200 ft in 8 miles in 1:02 6% avrge grade (just so you know why I'm huffing and puffing). I think some of my friends only watch my stuff to see if I make the climbs.

    I know you don't like music videos but watch the first 30 seconds. If you did a video similar to this, you kill them in ratings music or no music! Embed the video and hope that one of the 3 youtube front page selections is of you, big ratings for sure! Post in the forums, bigtime views!


  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    That's a pretty darn good climb and time!. But like I said, a gal kicking butt up a hill would sell like hotcakes, even if it's not at your best.

    I'm a Clyde rider (about 245 lbs in the video) so my climbing is ok, this video is 2200 ft in 8 miles in 1:02 6% avrge grade (just so you know why I'm huffing and puffing). I think some of my friends only watch my stuff to see if I make the climbs.

    I know you don't like music videos but watch the first 30 seconds. If you did a video similar to this, you kill them in ratings music or no music! Embed the video and hope that one of the 3 youtube front page selections is of you, big ratings for sure! Post in the forums, bigtime views!

    Thank you . That was some good freight training you did there! You should hear the video from that Donner climb I posted the Garmin data for. Best sound ever

    What you said about videos of female cyclists suffering on hills being popular explains why I got some stares on the way up. When I watched my video later I saw two examples of this. The first one was a couple making out on the Rainbow Bridge. They turned around to stare at me when I was 20 feet away. I saw them just in time to cut down on the heavy breathing, but I'm sure they must have heard me coming

    The second time was when I was passing by some parked cars near the top of the mountain. I had cut down on the heavy breathing somewhat just so anyone within earshot wouldn't think I was dying This guy was sitting on the edge of his truck bed preparing some rock climbing gear. He turned around when I was 30 feet away and stared at me the whole time he was in camera range. Funny stuff!

  9. #59
    Senior Member iforgotmename's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tblendell View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbrxfZNESzk[/URL]


    an excuse to post my own...
    nice The only problem I have is that it's 8 degrees outside and your video makes me want to take a road trip.

  10. #60
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    I saw them just in time to cut down on the heavy breathing, .........I had cut down on the heavy breathing somewhat just so anyone within earshot wouldn't think I was dying
    Ahhhh the ol "I'm not suffering" trick. That's number one in the cyclists handbook of deception. It works everytime!

  11. #61
    Bicycles are for Children Jose Mandez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    West Central Indiana
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem with shooting cycling videos is that I sometimes get a lot of wind blowing right into the camera's speaker that tends to overload the speaker; the end result has a "nails on the chalkboard" quality and does not sound anything like the sounds of real riding.
    -Jose Mandez

    "I want to matter. I want to count. When I hear the children sing, 'Jesus Loves Me,' I hope he does. I really hope he does."-Ben Haden
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Ahhhh the ol "I'm not suffering" trick. That's number one in the cyclists handbook of deception. It works everytime!
    Yup. Besides, I didn't want to ruin the mood of the couple making out on the bridge (then again, maybe I enhanced it)

    By the way, you seem like a Strong Climber. You said you were 245 pounds in the last video you posted, yet you were able to go 10 mph up that climb. Dayum! I will be happy when I can go 8 mph up climbs I go 5 mph up now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Mandez View Post
    My problem with shooting cycling videos is that I sometimes get a lot of wind blowing right into the camera's speaker that tends to overload the speaker; the end result has a "nails on the chalkboard" quality and does not sound anything like the sounds of real riding.
    Yeah, that does suck. Luckily my current ride camera seems to not get overloaded with wind noise as much as my last one did.

  13. #63
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    By the way, you seem like a Strong Climber. You said you were 245 pounds in the last video you posted,
    Well I'm a good climber for a recreational rider. I've done quite a few timed events like Ride Around the Bear 100 miles with 10,000ft of climbing (4X) and Breathless Agony 114 miles with 12,000 ft of clibming (1X). Of course I drop down to 220-230 lbs when I do the event. My best is 7:40 (7:10 ride time) for 100 miles and 10,000 ft. Placed #123 out of 400. Not bad for a non racer that outeighed most riders bigtime.

    Plus I live 3 miles from the mountains. We have this long climb, 21 miles (5000ft gain) as a backyard playground so I get lots of practice. I'm the lil orange guy in the pic haha!

    GMR (Glendora Mountain Rd)

    0210E by gulpxtreme, on Flickr


    Couple of the rides


    Bear by gulpxtreme, on Flickr


    onyxsummit by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

  14. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Well I'm a good climber for a recreational rider. I've done quite a few timed events like Ride Around the Bear 100 miles with 10,000ft of climbing (4X) and Breathless Agony 114 miles with 12,000 ft of clibming (1X). Of course I drop down to 220-230 lbs when I do the event. My best is 7:40 (7:10 ride time) for 100 miles and 10,000 ft. Placed #123 out of 400. Not bad for a non racer that outeighed most riders bigtime.

    Plus I live 3 miles from the mountains. We have this long climb, 21 miles (5000ft gain) as a backyard playground so I get lots of practice. I'm the lil orange guy in the pic haha!
    That's more than I've ever done. My rides are usuallly between 20-40 miles and 2,000 to 3,500 of climbing, with the occasional 4,000+.

    That last climb you mentioned would be Hors Categorie in the Tour De France!

  15. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmename View Post
    Can we get a taste of your climbing vid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    You really should post a climbing video so that we can compare your material to others. Show us some of that excitement."
    OK folks, I'm debating whether I should post a clip from the climbing ride I'm going to do this weekend. Be forewarned it will be raw, unedited video with no music or other effects. It will probably be from the steepest, toughest part of the climb too. It will also be recorded from the handlebar mount on my road bike, so you know what that means

    Be honest. Should I bother or not? I'm not going to do it if it's going to offend most people here. I'm sure I've already done enough of that already.

  16. #66
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    Be honest. Should I bother or not? I'm not going to do it if it's going to offend most people here. I'm sure I've already done enough of that already.


    Do it! I don't think anyone is ever offended by someone posting a video fo raw suffering. You posted your opinion about no liking music vids and I voiced my opinion that not everyone was the same, some like them, some don't, can't please everyone.

    But I will add it is much better to be a person that contributes material to the forums/boards than to be one that sits back and criticizes the contributing efforts of those that do.

    To be clear, not speaking of you. But there are plenty of people on "every" forum that sit back and bash pictures/videos/material etc posted by others but won't post any of theirown. You know the type. Post a picture and they are the first to say, you ar funny looking". Ask for their pic but they are too scared to post it. Those that say you are a slow climber but themselves have never climbed anything bigger than a fwy ovepass.

    IMO, a video is like a song. You made it, posted it in it's original form. Others may try to make the song but will never match the original singer and the way the song was meant to be sung whether it's a number one hit single or not.

    I say do it, I will only applaud your work. Some vids are meant to be raw, some are meant to be music. You choose, you are the creator!

    Matter of fact, I got a thread in another bike forum where I post my encounters with local riders. Highly viewed thread and my blog. With your permission, I'd post the video as a special guest appearance haha! The vieweres of my blog love climbing and many of the thead viewers. I bet that would add to the view count of your video. Not that you care about view count but a female assaulting a climb, good material and people (many female) riders want to see that. Heck, a special guest appearance climb video would bring more views to my blog too hahahaha!
    Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 02-03-11 at 05:57 PM.

  17. #67
    Knocks Cycling KtownScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Knoxville Tn.
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Wingra, Trek 1.5, 82 Schwinn Traveler
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here's one you will like then...http://vimeo.com/11695455

  18. #68
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KtownScott View Post
    Well here's one you will like then...http://vimeo.com/11695455
    Wow, that guy has alot more skill on a cross than I do on an mtb. And that headknocker of a log, I never would have fit under it!

  19. #69
    Senior Member iforgotmename's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Do it!......

    !;
    Very well said Beanz.

  20. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmename View Post
    Very well said Beanz.
    OK, I'll do it. I also thought about the non-contributor issue in the beginning, which is why I originally said I would post a climbing clip when I lose the rest of the weight (just lost another couple pounds yay!). But I realized that if I wait that long this thread will be very dead I and I would have to resurrect it. I see that kind of crap all the time in the YouTube comments section. Someone posts a trolling comment, then when you click on their username they have NO videos. Even worse are those who call people ugly or fat but who are not exactly good looking themselves. Not that it is ever a good idea for ANYONE to call somebody that, of course.

    Go ahead and post it wherever you want. Just give me a link to the other forums so I can read people's reactions. That's part of the fun!

    By the way, another reason I am normally hesitant to post any kind of music is because of those ridiculous copyright rules. A few years ago I had another YouTube channel with all kinds of different material, not just cycling. I posted a bunch of videos of Christmas lights on houses synchronized to music. Guess what happened? I got a copyright strike against my account because of a video showing the lights synchronized to the THX theme. WTF? That's not even music! Once you get a copyright strike on your account it stays there. If you get one more, YouTube can terminate your account. Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by KtownScott View Post
    Well here's one you will like then...http://vimeo.com/11695455
    Yup. That's what I'm talking about. Just pure cycling action. Did you happen to see the cyclocross video I posted earlier? I was a spectator recording the video.

  21. #71
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    Go ahead and post it wherever you want. Just give me a link to the other forums so I can read people's reactions. That's part of the fun!.
    When you record/post your sufferfest video after this weekend's climb, I'll post it in my blog (the video to which I was referring) . I have the blog comments on moderation mode so I will not post any negative comments. Others never see them if a troll tries to post something ignorant. The other place I post vids is a SoCal forum where many of us know eachother and the feedback is just about always positive!

    And even if you chose not to post it here, I will post it in the other forum and my blog with permission, it's up to you. But I'm sure many will enjoy it!



    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    By the way, another reason I am normally hesitant to post any kind of music is because of those ridiculous copyright rules.
    I know about that. I have about 120 videos posted. I use a one minute clip of the music as a test to see if yt will disable the music before I waste time uploading.

    But even so, I just learned lastweek that there is a way around the copyrights....dispute it, then copy and paste a "no rights abuse" type statement, then yt will clear the video and music. I have the statement and procedure as well as a few videos on youtube that show how to work around the issue. I just used two vids lastweek that were disabled. The statement has to do with not using the video to make money and some other stuff blahblah blah.

    It only takes about 2 mintues to do the dipsute claim once you try it!

  22. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    When you record/post your sufferfest video after this weekend's climb, I'll post it in my blog (the video to which I was referring) . I have the blog comments on moderation mode so I will not post any negative comments. Others never see them if a troll tries to post something ignorant. The other place I post vids is a SoCal forum where many of us know eachother and the feedback is just about always positive!

    And even if you chose not to post it here, I will post it in the other forum and my blog with permission, it's up to you. But I'm sure many will enjoy it!
    Oh I will post it here! Once I commit to something I keep my word. Do send me a link to that SoCal forum though.

    I figured you already knew about the copyright BS. I just wanted to share my experience with it. They didn't just disable my audio, they disabled the whole video! Of course this was years ago and their policies have changed.

  23. #73
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    Oh I will post it here! Once I commit to something I keep my word. Do send me a link to that SoCal forum though.

    I figured you already knew about the copyright BS. I just wanted to share my experience with it. They didn't just disable my audio, they disabled the whole video! Of course this was years ago and their policies have changed.
    Cool! Yeah, the entire video is disabled. But entirely restored with the go around.

    I'll pm the forum link to you.

  24. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    If I make a video, I hope that others will watch it eventhough mine are mainly used to document my recreational style rides.
    I'm watching some of your other videos now. You do have some great raw footage!

  25. #75
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
    I'm watching some of your other videos now. You do have some great raw footage!
    Watch the forum video, GMR mountain climb (20 mile climb 5,000 ft). You get a pretty good idea of the local riders and posters in the SoCal forums.

    One is raw and the other Rolling stones music.

    I only use a small amount of raw footage. Some interviews with locals then the ride music videos. I could use more raw footage but I can only stand to hear myself huff and puff for a very short time.

    Since you like to climb, you may like my videos that are titled "GMR". (Glendora Mountian Road) Anything that says Gina on GMR is my wife suffering on the climb.

    Not sure if you are viewing the blog (link below) or the youtube channel. If you go directly to youtube, it's under "mrbeanz63".

    Prime example of what I mentioned earlier. My solo climb video 100. Gina's name on the video 200....your will be new poster, bigger view count!!

    This is my favorite of Gina climbing. Music but I like the music and think it matches the ride. (Mr Mister Broken Wings) Slow 8 mile 2200 ft climb.

    little note: The gal in the yellow has a real nice GMR blog. Link in my blog to the right of the page.

    Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 02-04-11 at 12:33 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •