Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-11, 02:44 AM   #76
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
Watch the forum video, GMR mountain climb (20 mile climb 5,000 ft). You get a pretty good idea of the local riders and posters in the SoCal forums.

One is raw and the other Rolling stones music.

I only use a small amount of raw footage. Some interviews with locals then the ride music videos. I could use more raw footage but I can only stand to hear myself huff and puff for a very short time.

Since you like to climb, you may like my videos that are titled "GMR". (Glendora Mountian Road) Anything that says Gina on GMR is my wife suffering on the climb.

Not sure if you are viewing the blog (link below) or the youtube channel. If you go directly to youtube, it's under "mrbeanz63".

Prime example of what I mentioned earlier. My solo climb video 100. Gina's name on the video 200....your will be new poster, bigger view count!!

This is my favorite of Gina climbing. Music but I like the music and think it matches the ride. (Mr Mister Broken Wings) Slow 8 mile 2200 ft climb.

little note: The gal in the yellow has a real nice GMR blog. Link in my blog to the right of the page.
I was viewing your YouTube channel. I like how you had a raw version and a music version. I listened to some Earth, Wind & Fire during the music video, which for me fit it even better, then watched the raw one normally. Pretty cool! I wish more people would post both versions of their videos.

I saw the GMR time trial video. Good raw footage at the end

I used to feel the same way about hearing myself on climbs years ago, and I would listen to my music in both ears to drown it out some, but it doesn't bother me anymore. Plus there's the safety aspect as well. I now (usually) only listen in my right ear so the left one is free to hear traffic. Listening to my breathing on video after the ride is hilarious!

I can't wait until this weight's almost gone. There is a climb here that has grades up to 20% and it would make for a great video! I'm not touching that one until I'm down another 30 pounds.

Last edited by freighttraininguphill; 02-04-11 at 02:51 AM. Reason: forgot something
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 08:59 AM   #77
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
I was viewing your YouTube channel. I like how you had a raw version and a music version..............I used to feel the same way about hearing myself on climbs years ago, and I would listen to my music in both ears to drown it out some, but it doesn't bother me anymore. Plus there's the safety aspect as well. I now (usually) only listen in my right ear so the left one is free to hear traffic. Listening to my breathing on video after the ride is hilarious!
.
Thanks! I do have an EarthWind and Fire video in there somewhere. Maybe I don't mind the music videos cause I I don't listen to music at all on the rides, no earphones etc, safety concern IMO (no debates). So I get to hear all the huffing and puffing I want on the ride. Some of the climb rides are 3 hours long, that's enough fer me.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 09:47 AM   #78
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
Thanks! I do have an EarthWind and Fire video in there somewhere. Maybe I don't mind the music videos cause I I don't listen to music at all on the rides, no earphones etc, safety concern IMO (no debates). So I get to hear all the huffing and puffing I want on the ride. Some of the climb rides are 3 hours long, that's enough fer me.
I also like "Dancing Queen" by ABBA that you put on one of the videos you posted earlier, brings back some memories, even though I still wish I could have heard the raw version

No debates here either, there's enough of that in some of the other forums. Besides, I figure that since the ear facing traffic is always uncovered unless I'm in an area where safety isn't as much of a concern, I'm doing alright. I also don't listen at high volumes. I don't want to go deaf either.
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 02:13 PM   #79
ScottStr
Senior Member
 
ScottStr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Bikes: Windsor Wellington 3.0
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think it's good if the music you put in the video expresses the feeling you had on the ride better than the video alone does. Most of my rides should be accompanied by music that makes me feel like I'm flying.
ScottStr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 02:45 PM   #80
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStr View Post
Most of my rides should be accompanied by music that makes me feel like I'm flying.
I couldn't imagine doing a ride without my tunes. That good beat just enhances the endorphin high, especially on climbing rides. Video is different for me because I like to relive it and hear the effort I was putting out. I can always play an mp3 along with the video if I want to hear what I was listening to on the ride.
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 06:46 PM   #81
iforgotmename
Senior Member
 
iforgotmename's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Bikes:
Posts: 1,545
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was a slippery one today.
iforgotmename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 07:49 PM   #82
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's the video

OK as promised here is the video from today's climbing ride on Salmon Falls Road in El Dorado County, CA. These are some of the hardest climbs, with grades between 8%-12% according to my Garmin.

For some reason it took much longer than normal to recover after the first effort you see in the video, so I ended up taking it easy for most of the rest of the ride, only pushing hard on a few hills, including the last climb you see in the video.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/67055054
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnX0o9C4X0I

Last edited by freighttraininguphill; 03-18-11 at 08:23 PM.
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 09:25 PM   #83
Forza
Con forza e velocitÓ
 
Forza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Newcastle, WA
Bikes: Spesh S-Works - Tarmac SL4, Spesh S-Works Venge, BMC Team Machine SLR01, Spesh Allez - FrankenForza
Posts: 697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is clip with no music from my ride in the rain yesterday...mostly descents but a quick summit of a medium climb at the end....be sure to watch the car come into the bike lane @ 3:25 in.

Forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 09:36 PM   #84
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
Here is clip with no music from my ride in the rain yesterday...mostly descents but a quick summit of a medium climb at the end....be sure to watch the car come into the bike lane @ 3:25 in.

What's that driver doing, texting? Sheesh! I have a video like that too. Can't post it as it's part of a much longer climbing video, but a driver did the exact same thing while I was climbing a 16% grade.
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 10:41 PM   #85
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
OK as promised here is the video from today's climbing ride on Salmon Falls Road in El Dorado County, CA. These are some of the hardest climbs, with grades between 8%-12% according to my Garmin.

For some reason it took much longer than normal to recover after the first effort you see in the video, so I ended up taking it easy for most of the rest of the ride, only pushing hard on a few hills, including the last climb you see in the video.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/67055054
Totally awesome! First of all, busting arse on the climbs, having the courage to attack the hills and most of all , having the courage as a woman to post a sufferfest video. Cool video with al the wheezing, huffing and puffing, and sound effects. Most women don't want anyone to hear even a sneeze form them. This gal goes out on a limb posting the hard core breathing that a climb brings out in ya!

Nice job BT, my hat is off, totally awesome!

FTR, I got special permisson from Bentrike to post this in my blog and (other places) as a special guest climbing video. So don't be surprised if....when you see it on my blog That's how awesome this type of stuff is!



Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmename View Post
It was a slippery one today.
I aint no Beanz!!!...wow dude, you got some serious conditions! NICE!

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 02-06-11 at 10:44 PM.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 10:50 PM   #86
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
Totally awesome! First of all, busting arse on the climbs, having the courage to attack the hills and most of all , having the courage as a woman to post a sufferfest video. Cool video with al the wheezing, huffing and puffing, and sound effects. Most women don't want anyone to hear even a sneeze form them. This gal goes out on a limb posting the hard core breathing that a climb brings out in ya!

Nice job BT, my hat is off, totally awesome!

FTR, I got special permisson from Bentrike to post this in my blog and (other places) as a special guest climbing video. So don't be surprised if....when you see it on my blog That's how awesome this type of stuff is!
Thanks . I said this on the other forum too but it needs to be said here too. I wish I could change my username here without messing up all my old posts. I would never ride my 'bent trike up climbs like these
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 10:59 PM   #87
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas
 
10 Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In The Wind
Bikes: 2010 Expedition, 03 GTO
Posts: 29,894
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentrike View Post
Thanks . I said this on the other forum too but it needs to be said here too. I wish I could change my username here without messing up all my old posts. I would never ride my 'bent trike up climbs like these
On the left side bottom of each post is a black triangle.
Click it to report that you want to change your name.
__________________
[SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI
10 Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 11:03 PM   #88
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels View Post
On the left side bottom of each post is a black triangle.
Click it to report that you want to change your name.
Thank you. It won't mess up all my old posts that were quoted, will it?
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 11:06 PM   #89
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas
 
10 Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In The Wind
Bikes: 2010 Expedition, 03 GTO
Posts: 29,894
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
nope
__________________
[SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI
10 Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 11:07 PM   #90
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels View Post
nope
Great! Thank you SO much
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 12:00 AM   #91
tligman
Senior Member
 
tligman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cleveland-ish, OH
Bikes:
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I add music to a video of me riding, it's to cover all the swearing and grunting
tligman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 12:42 AM   #92
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tligman View Post
When I add music to a video of me riding, it's to cover all the swearing and grunting
LOL! That would be funny to hear

I have a video of me climbing Prospectors Grade (second toughest climb in El Dorado County) for the first time on my 32 lb mtb with messed-up shifting. I had stopped to take a break because it was too damn hot and climbing in the heat sucks when you're overweight. When I attempted to ride off again the bike wouldn't shift and I kept saying "come on", making exasperated sounds, and finally letting a belch go Every time I watch that I just about fall over laughing!

Needless to say that video isn't on YouTube!
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 PM.