So, my roomate, in his cornfed farmboy hick-ass wisdom constantly makes fun of me calling me a wussie, pansy bike rider. I really don't care, but some of the things he says are just so full of BS its like I am swimming in it.
1. Called Tyler Hamilton a wimp, despite riding 20 days in the hardest athletic event on the earth with a broken collar bone. He said that it really wouldn't hurt because you don't use your upper body when you ride
2. Says that downhill mountain biking is easy, and any one could do it. Also said the same about XC, which is what I do, but to anyone who has tried either knows the score.
3. Apparently, we as cyclists don't suffer at all, and he always says this one: "You're just riding a bike, how hard can it be?" Since he drag races, I shoot right back at him: "You're just driving a car, how hard can it be?"
4. Says he intentionally swerves closer to us on the road.
5. Makes fun of every part of my riding eqipment, from my bike to the shoes that I wear, even my helmet.
So, as you can see, he is clearly a simple minded hick who has such a miserable existance. We took a class together last year, an intro to construction management, and I aced it, while he obviously failed, given that he is taking it over again, but lies about it because his pride gets in the way. He claims to be a hard-ass roughneck, bur his girlfriends push him around so bad it makes me sick. You should see the guy's bathroom, it looks like i live with a chick. So, if for some reason you get onto this page, I hope that when you go to hell, you be forced to ride a 45 pound Huffy up a 12% grade for an eternity.