I can't believe I'm posting this.
I'm a part-time pro photographer and I read about 80 million posts like this a week on the photography forum I'm on, and they always tweak me, but honestly I've been researching this and I'm finding myself pretty lost... So here I am asking for help.
Let's see if my experience with the photo stuff helps me give the right info about me. I appreciate any help anyone can give.
- I'm looking for excercise/recreation
- I'm about 5'8", all torso... I'm very blocky. I weigh 230lb currently. (yes, I'm overweight but if you saw me you'd be shocked... I'm not terribly round... at my thinnest I'm like 200lb.)
- Speed is fun, but I'm also older than I used to be and not QUITE as daring as I was way back when
- I probably have a budget of around $1000.... some flexibility there
- I live in a pretty hilly countryish area
- Right now I'm riding my father in law's Trek Navigator 300 to just sort of get my feet wet... it's going fine. The upright posture is somewhat comfortable, but I suspect part of why my butt hurts
- I ride almost entirely at night.
- I'll ride in cool weather, but won't ride in rain or snow.
- I do 8-15 miles max per ride, I imagine my lifetime max will be 20.
- Our roads are fairly well paved, but have occasional bumps... no major potholes or anything, just leftovers from frost heaves and such
- I would like to be able to use this bike when I go out with my daughter as well (she's 10... so totally a casual ride there)
- I ASSUME I want a roadie... but who knows. I definitely do not want a mountain bike as I'm doing ALL roads.
- I like monkeys
Ummmmmmmmmmm... I can't think of what else might be relevant.
Thanks so much everyone!