9 months getting into cycling and what I've learned...
- Bike shop bike really are that much better than dept store bikes
- Start at least one level about "Tourney" derailleurs. Not horrible but going forward I'll always at least get one or two levels higher.
- Tune ups help!
- Don't use puncture resistant inner tubes at least from Avenir or Sunlit.
- If you don't have the puncture resistant tires, use puncture resistant liner.
- Use bar ends on long trips
Any other advice for someone who's still a novice but learning?