Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    (SHOULD I BUY???) craiglist posting: nakamura bike

    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ396010371

    Not much info on the post, should I buy?
    $T2eC16VHJF0E9nmFRpcJBQ!J,SjsI!~~48_20 (Large).jpg
    Selling an amazing Nakurma 10 speed vintage road bike in awesome condition.

    Bike has 26" Tires and a 22" frame, perfect for riding through city streets beating traffic

    Has Shimano components for easy shifting between gears.

    Both front and back breaks work like new, tires are also in really good condition.

    Bike has been inspected by a professional bike shop, no mechanical issue's whatsoever.

    Call/Text/Email right now you will get a quick response.

    647 534 4512


    **I CAN DELIVER**
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tom_6030; 07-13-12 at 09:13 PM.

  2. #2
    rebmeM roineS JanMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Posts
    11,842
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "amazing Nakamura 10 speed vintage road bike"
    An old cheap 26" wheel (?) 10/12 speed (?) shouldn't cost that much.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JanMM View Post
    "amazing Nakamura 10 speed vintage road bike"
    An old cheap 26" wheel (?) 10/12 speed (?) shouldn't cost that much.
    yes, that is one of my question, i thought road bikes are either 27"(olders) or 700c(newers), why is this 26"?

  4. #4
    rebmeM roineS JanMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Posts
    11,842
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used to be a lot of very cheap and crummy 10-speeds on the market with 26" wheels. Can't tell from the pics exactly what size the wheels are and don't trust the seller's description. The rims look to be chromed steel - not a good thing.
    Note the 'Shimano SIS' rear derailleur - commonly seen on cheap bikes.
    I don't know the Toronto market, but you oughta be able to do better for the money.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JanMM View Post
    Used to be a lot of very cheap and crummy 10-speeds on the market with 26" wheels. Can't tell from the pics exactly what size the wheels are and don't trust the seller's description. The rims look to be chromed steel - not a good thing.
    Note the 'Shimano SIS' rear derailleur - commonly seen on cheap bikes.
    I don't know the Toronto market, but you oughta be able to do better for the money.
    thank you for your suggestion, I probably will just browse for a new one. but one quick question, is breaking (esp. wet)the only downside of chromed steel rims???

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about this one:
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ396057901
    $(KGrHqF,!rcE+rmghkkpBQ!OUKN2og~~48_20 (Medium).JPG

    it is abit out of my budget but it looks alot newer

  7. #7
    rebmeM roineS JanMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Posts
    11,842
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_6030 View Post
    thank you for your suggestion, I probably will just browse for a new one. but one quick question, is breaking (esp. wet)the only downside of chromed steel rims???
    They are heavy, too, but the main issue is bad braking.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

  8. #8
    rebmeM roineS JanMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Posts
    11,842
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_6030 View Post
    How about this one:
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ396057901
    $(KGrHqF,!rcE+rmghkkpBQ!OUKN2og~~48_20 (Medium).JPG

    it is abit out of my budget but it looks alot newer
    "Full warranty and brand new"
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •