Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I may not be able to buy a bike until Sept/October, should I just wait til winter?
So, I'm rehabbing some nasty knee stuff. Lots of pain. Diagnosed via MRI so far as chondromalacia patella, some cartilage damage ( no tears ), and one big loose piece in the joint. Still haven't seen the surgeon yet, but I'm 2 weeks into PT and not showing much improvement yet, so I'm worried I may be heading towards surgery. So if he makes me go for another month, then does surgery, etc etc it's October before I'm back up to full biking strength to get a good test ride and fitting done.
At that late in the season, should I just pack it in, and try to wait out some LBS's looking to move bikes when snow is on the ground to get the best deal? By then its dark already and I could only ride on the weekends really with my current work schedule.
And of course, if I get better, all this is just speculation. I'm hoping for the best, planning for the worst. I was going to start buying accessories for my next bike but I might as well wait on those for some late season sales. I'm trying to save as much money as I can on the bike purchase , because this whole incident with my knees is costing me a good bit of cash, which sucks royal ass.
What would you guys do?