Seeking cyclists to volunteer to participate in a sport psychology research study!
My name is Deborah Osteen and I am currently conducting a thesis research study for the sport psychology masters program at John F. Kennedy University in Pleasant Hill, California, and I am in GREAT need of volunteers to participate in my study! The entire study takes place online, so it does not matter where you reside, just as long as you have internet access.
The study will require 5 - 30 minutes per week and takes place over 4 weeks, starting October 1st, 2012.
Volunteers will need to meet the following criteria:
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• Road cycling at least once a week
• Be in good physical health as determined by their doctor
• Have a valid email address that they check daily
• Have the ability to watch selected videos on www.youtube.com
• Give permission for a weekly instructional email to be sent to their personal email address
As a Participant in this study you will be asked to:
• Complete a confidential demographic questionnaire
• Compete an initial and end-of-study questionnaire
• Answer basic weekly questions regarding your cycling habits
• Print 1-2 pages per week
• Additionally, you may be asked to watch videos on www.youtube.com
All information collected will be kept confidential and no identifying information will be present in my final thesis.
By participating in this study, you will be furthering the research in understanding how sport psychology skills are utilized by endurance athletes. If you are interested, please email JFKUresearch@gmail.com
with your name and contact email address no later than September 29th, 2012.
Thank you for your time!
JFKU Sport Psychology Masters Graduate Student