Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 1500 SLR, POS Roadmaster MTB
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My first pleasure ride on the Trek. Also first clipless ride!

    Finally a day off to myself. I have a 1 1/2 year old and a 4 month old so they don't come often. I rode to my LBS and picked up Shimano shoes and cleats. I have been commuting on clipless pedals in my tennis shoes! NOT RECOMMENDED!

    I'm poor so it got me by. Talk about a HUGE difference. No more slipping off the pedals and also very comfortable! All in total i rode 40.8 miles. That's a record for me. I know its a drop in the ocean for most of you. But it was so easy! Till about 30 miles then I started to slow down. Beautiful day riding a nice bike just for fun. I LOVED it. :-) I just had to share. Most of the people I know would just ask why the heck I rode 40 miles let alone for fun.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Regina, SK
    My Bikes
    2009 Trek 520
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have to pull your foot out of the shoe at a stop

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 1500 SLR, POS Roadmaster MTB
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gecho View Post
    You don't have to pull your foot out of the shoe at a stop
    LOL! That would be easier. :-) Honestly though the LBS was a big help. Told them I needed a budget shoe that would work with my pedals that I could walk in. Got these they work great and fit my budget today. They put the cleats on adjusted my pedals and made sure I knew how they worked before I left. Just waiting to fall the first time I forget to unclip.

  4. #4
    Burn-em Upus Icephaltus Gojohnnygo.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its gets easier after the first bloody knee....Enjoy the new SPD pedals
    Sick BubbleGum

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your inaugural ride! Always great to read about people's joyful experiences with the bike. My long sunday (group) rides are often the highlight of my week, and usually the single event I most look forward to throughout the week. Pure joy in suffering.

  6. #6
    Old fart JohnDThompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Appleton WI
    My Bikes
    Several, mostly not name brands.
    Posts
    13,143
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytona675 View Post
    Just waiting to fall the first time I forget to unclip.
    We'll be waiting for you at Club Tombay.

  7. #7
    Senior Member RedC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek Navigator, LeMond Buenos Aires, Madone 5.9, S-Works Roubaix
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytona675 View Post
    Finally a day off to myself. I have a 1 1/2 year old and a 4 month old so they don't come often. I rode to my LBS and picked up Shimano shoes and cleats. I have been commuting on clipless pedals in my tennis shoes! NOT RECOMMENDED!

    I'm poor so it got me by. Talk about a HUGE difference. No more slipping off the pedals and also very comfortable! All in total i rode 40.8 miles. That's a record for me. I know its a drop in the ocean for most of you. But it was so easy! Till about 30 miles then I started to slow down. Beautiful day riding a nice bike just for fun. I LOVED it. :-) I just had to share. Most of the people I know would just ask why the heck I rode 40 miles let alone for fun.
    There is no way I know to explain to folks who don't ride why we do it. That's why I got to BikeForums and the folks I ride with because no one who doesn't ride can imagine riding 40 miles for fun
    Red, like the color my hair used to be.

    Lemond Buenos Aires(Broke) Madone 5.9 for sale,Navigator 2, S-Works Roubaix

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    My Bikes
    2012 Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you like the shoe? I don't have much money for shoes either, and that is the cheapest one I've seen online ($50 on amazon). Of course, the disadvantage of amazon is no testing, but you can't have everything How much did you pay at the LBS?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 1500 SLR, POS Roadmaster MTB
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treadtread View Post
    How do you like the shoe? I don't have much money for shoes either, and that is the cheapest one I've seen online ($50 on amazon). Of course, the disadvantage of amazon is no testing, but you can't have everything How much did you pay at the LBS?
    I paid $54 at LBS but they were on sale. Regular $62. I like them alot but only have the one ride in them. It has been raining the past couple days. The cleats were $19.99 so out the door was $83. I wear a 10-10.5 depending on brand of shoe. These are size 44. The LBS said I wanted a little bit sunuger than my tennis shoe. These fit like my tennis shoe from walmart. But I always wear a snug shoe. Hope that helps. Either way they made a BIG diffrence. Also my bike already had the pedals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •