Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-05, 08:40 PM   #1
lisitsa
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Melbourne in Australia
Bikes: Old 12-speed commuter, When I earn enough I'll get a fixed KHS flite 100
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Throw water bombs at misbehaving cars

I was riding the other day, seeing cars acting stupid like normal, when I just felt like throwing something at the car just to vent some anger.
Maybe I'll just get a basket on the front, and put water bombs in it, whenever a car does something wrong just throw a water bomb at it.
lisitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 08:52 PM   #2
BostonFixed
Banned.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 4,418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rocks, marbles, or industrial sized (>1/4") ball bearings also work great.
BostonFixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 08:55 PM   #3
nycm'er
militant commuter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: lower manhattan
Bikes:
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And then when they run you over because they umm, can, and they are backing over you for the third time, those waterbombs are going to break, and you are going to get wet.
nycm'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 08:55 PM   #4
EventServices
Announcer
 
EventServices's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Detroit's North Side.
Bikes: Many
Posts: 5,075
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Take the high road, and stay out of jail.

Screw 'em.
EventServices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 08:57 PM   #5
PanPanX
Ride On!!
 
PanPanX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Temple City, CA
Bikes: 2004 OCR3, 1989 Nishiki Sport, 2003 Kona Blast, 2007 Fuji Track
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i said it once and i'll say it again. we need to attach paint ball guns to the handle bar or at least have it handy so you can shoot them when needed. but on a more serious not, my friend, she rides early in the morning, in a "bad" neighborhood, and cars would follow her all the way to her work, park in front of her job, and would drive off when she entered the building. and cars would follow her home too, but then she would do like 20 laps around the block, and the cars would still follow her. she carrys a very nice size knife in her back pocket to protect herself.
PanPanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 09:00 PM   #6
LordOpie
Senior Member
 
LordOpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Bikes: 2006 custom Walt Works roadie, 2003 Fuji Finest (road), 2002 Giant Iguana (mtb), 1986 BMW K75 (motor)
Posts: 3,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanPanX
she carrys a very nice size knife in her back pocket to protect herself.
tell her to stop that... unless she knows how to use it -and- is willing to use it.


PS: Fill the water balloons with holy water, just in case the driver is one of those fookin' vampires. @ssholes.
LordOpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 09:02 PM   #7
Fugazi Dave
Beausage is Beautiful
 
Fugazi Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Bikes: 2006 Langster, which I actually like.
Posts: 5,457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I say buy two paintball guns, mount them side to side under your handlebars so they point to either side. Rig a control so you can fire either from your normal hand position. Car misbehaving to your left, splatter 'em. Car missbehaving to your right... You get the idea.

Because, you know, guns are sweet 'n' stuff.

Right now I'm thinking of Snow Crash and the impossible-to-remove stickers YT and the other couriers had...
__________________
photo otaku | flickr | davidrmunson
Fugazi Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 09:02 PM   #8
XzEn54321
Now with suspension!
 
XzEn54321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mill Valey, CA
Bikes: '04 Giant XTC-2, '96 hardrock sport
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She needs something better than a knife.
XzEn54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 09:05 PM   #9
KrisPistofferson
Immoderator
 
KrisPistofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: POS Tennessee
Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed
Posts: 7,630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Get a 40 of Colt 45. Fill a Super-soaker with the resuling urine. Oila! This works better in the summer when people have their window open.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeforums
Your rights end where another poster's feelings begin.
KrisPistofferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 09:09 PM   #10
Fugazi Dave
Beausage is Beautiful
 
Fugazi Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Bikes: 2006 Langster, which I actually like.
Posts: 5,457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispistoferson
Get a 40 of Colt 45. Fill a Super-soaker with the resuling urine. Oila! This works better in the summer when people have their window open.
That reeks of evil....among other things...
__________________
photo otaku | flickr | davidrmunson
Fugazi Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 09:46 PM   #11
bassplayinbiker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kansas City
Bikes: Diamondback centurion. Home built tandem
Posts: 658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XzEn54321
She needs something better than a knife.

lets see,

colt .45 shooting .45 acp hollow tips.
.357 magnum (self explanitory)
Desert eagle (duh) shooting .50 cal.


but seriously, Dont. Guns are bad, especially when you miss and kill the 6 year old kid playing in her room.

Knives are better than guns because you are more dangerous to the attacker with a knife than a gun. You can rush someone from 20 feet away before they have a chance to pull out their gun.

Youre better off just dont having any weapon at all, its just plain out dangerous and the punks harassing you, will now see you as a threat, not some thing to fill up their day between their 40 ounces.

its just a better idea to talk your way out of the situation,or run insteading to fight. heros die.
bassplayinbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 09:48 PM   #12
XzEn54321
Now with suspension!
 
XzEn54321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mill Valey, CA
Bikes: '04 Giant XTC-2, '96 hardrock sport
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Air tazer
XzEn54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 09:57 PM   #13
Fugazi Dave
Beausage is Beautiful
 
Fugazi Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Bikes: 2006 Langster, which I actually like.
Posts: 5,457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XzEn54321
Air tazer
Air guitar. Unsettle them with your mock-hair-band fantasy movements.
__________________
photo otaku | flickr | davidrmunson
Fugazi Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-05, 10:02 PM   #14
Mtn Mike
Super Biker
 
Mtn Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Spokane WA
Bikes: 2014 Curtlo, 2006 Serotta Coeur d’Acier, 2005 Independent Fabrication Steel Delux, 2003 Surly 1x1, 2003 Surly Cross Check, 1986 Schwin Worldsport SS commuter, 1980's Mongoose Supergoose
Posts: 1,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does this banner image make you fantasize about your next morning commute through traffic?
Mtn Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 06:20 AM   #15
lrzipris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Philadelphia suburb
Bikes:
Posts: 911
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
C'mon, you weight weenies, you know that none of these suggestions are good solutions because they all add weight to your bike!!!! Not only are water balloons heavy but you'd have to carry the added weight of the basket. I can hear the question now: does anyone make titanium-bladed knives. Why ti? Because ti is lighter than steel and won't rust. Someone else will argue in reply that steel is real because a steel blade holds its edge better.
lrzipris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 08:07 AM   #16
nick burns
Senior Member
 
nick burns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Absecon, NJ
Bikes: Puch Luzern, Puch Mistral SLE, Bianchi Pista, Motobecane Grand Touring, Austro-Daimler Ultima, Legnano, Raleigh MountainTour, Cannondale SM600
Posts: 2,943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A handful of jacks (the children's toy) with the nubs cut off. No worries of them chasing you down.
nick burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 08:28 AM   #17
FXjohn
Banned.
 
FXjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NE Indiana
Bikes:
Posts: 12,901
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder...That's the reason I ignore people if I can.
FXjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 08:46 AM   #18
DnvrFox
Banned.
 
DnvrFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Bikes:
Posts: 20,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi Dave
I say buy two paintball guns, mount them side to side under your handlebars so they point to either side. Rig a control so you can fire either from your normal hand position. Car misbehaving to your left, splatter 'em. Car missbehaving to your right... You get the idea.

Because, you know, guns are sweet 'n' stuff.

Right now I'm thinking of Snow Crash and the impossible-to-remove stickers YT and the other couriers had...
Drivers around here carry REAL guns. Shoot them with a paint ball gun and you may be surprised (and dead) at the result.

Keep your cool!
DnvrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 08:54 AM   #19
dee-vee
vegan powered
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chico, Ca
Bikes:
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I carry a knife. I have also thought about carrying things to throw at cars because sometimes they just push you to far for 1 day. As for the girls protection, get a stun gun and learn how to use your u-lock as a weapon for bashing in skulls.
dee-vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 10:16 AM   #20
MMPC
Big Man Riding...
 
MMPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westminster, CO
Bikes: '07 Fuji Roubaix RC, '04 Kona Hoss, '95 Cannondale RT2000 Tandem
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Flick a booger on their windshield...
MMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 10:30 AM   #21
Fugazi Dave
Beausage is Beautiful
 
Fugazi Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Bikes: 2006 Langster, which I actually like.
Posts: 5,457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrzipris
C'mon, you weight weenies, you know that none of these suggestions are good solutions because they all add weight to your bike!!!! Not only are water balloons heavy but you'd have to carry the added weight of the basket. I can hear the question now: does anyone make titanium-bladed knives. Why ti? Because ti is lighter than steel and won't rust. Someone else will argue in reply that steel is real because a steel blade holds its edge better.
But see, that's the beautiful thing about the air guitar solution - no added weight at all!
__________________
photo otaku | flickr | davidrmunson
Fugazi Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 10:35 AM   #22
webist
Huachuca Rider
 
webist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Bikes: Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix
Posts: 4,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Understand the sentiment. Can't endorse the misbehavior though. Too much danger involved; danger to the miscreant driver, the cyclist and to innocent others in the vicinity.
__________________
Just Peddlin' Around
webist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 10:37 AM   #23
timmhaan
more ape than man
 
timmhaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nyc
Bikes:
Posts: 8,093
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my dream is to throw a quarter at someone's windshield. shouldn't do any damage, doesn't cost much, is easy to throw, and makes a lot of noise. i'm pretty sure you could get your point across that way....but you better air guitar yourself outta there quickly, cause they'll be really mad.
timmhaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 10:39 AM   #24
MsVicki
Victoria's secret
 
MsVicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: east Texas
Bikes:
Posts: 1,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One bad thing about flinging something at a car doing something wrong is that it could cause an accident. What if it plowed into the car in front of it and killed a child who was not buckled up in the back seat?

And what if your friend with a knife in her back pocket actually pulled it on someone who was harrassing her and he, in turn, pulled out a gun and shot her dead?

What if...what if...what if....?

Scary business..you just never know. It IS nice to fantasize about showing the idiots in the world a thing or two though, isn't it?
__________________
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
MsVicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-05, 11:08 AM   #25
2manybikes
Dog is my co-pilot
 
2manybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Bikes: 2 many
Posts: 15,621
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Just point at the back wheel and look scared and say "ohmygod" ...then just mumble so they don't understand you.Keep pointing and move away from the car.
2manybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:23 AM.