Saw a local ad for a bike...the right size for my teenage son.
Here are the specs:
• 21-speed road racing bike with 17" lightweight aluminum 7005 frame
• Shimano REVO gear shift system and caliper brakes put you in control
• Vitesse V-profile 24" aluminum wheels with 700c Kenda tires
• Shimano TZ30 derailleurs make climbing hills easy
• Gear Speeds: 21
• Bicycle Frame Material: Aluminum
• Seat Features: Adjustable Seat Height
• Brake System: Caliper
• Rear Brake System: Caliper
• Derailleur Manufacturer/Type: Shimano TZ40
• Bicycle Chain Material: Alloy
• Wheel Features: Pneumatic Tires
• Rim Material: Metal Alloy
• Front Wheel Height: 24"
• Rear Wheel Height: 24.0 "
• Tire Type: 700c
• Tire Width: 2"
Owner says it's a "custom" bike bought by his parent but no idea of the brand, but he is a cyclist. Said his parent paid $450 for it gave it to him over the holidays but now he sells it for $350. I looked up the frame and components and it seems to be similar to a GMC Denali which you can get a new one for $179-$250...
Here are two pics.
Any thoughts as to a fair price for this bike? I don't know much about bicycles but don't want to pay $350 for something that's $159.