Online purchase warnings
Here are a few items to verify prior to making an online purchase for a bicycle or other item.
The internet is full of fraudulent online shops.
1. Verify when internet domain name was first registered (Whois)
2. Verify where internet domain name was registered (Different country)
3. Verify physical address of stated shop with local freight company (DHL, Fedex etc)
4. Check company registration, if different country to shop avoid purchase
5. If payment options are only TT or Weston Union, this should raise warning bells
6. Examine website for small peripheral items, quite often they don't show these
7. Ask for a recent customer testimonials, then verify
8. If payment details are for Indonesia, and shop is in another country don't proceed
9. The more attractive the price, the more cautious you need to be
These websites don't usually hang around for long. They register another domain name, change the website template (Colour, name & layout). The most recent website to be careful with is www.cycling-hub.com